Blank tiles in "My Library"

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Every since the latest update the content of "My Library" and/or "My Magazines" will, at random, display blank/black tiles instead of thumbnails of the actual items. If I click on the blank tile it will open the book/magazine but from an aesthetics point of view it doesn't look great.

iqZZsAo.png a7iUARN.png

It's probably worth mentioning that the blank tiles seem to move/change at random. For example the Ice Age thumbnail will turn blank at random or for 10 minutes all the thumbnails will work fine before some turn blank again seemingly at random.

Any ideas?

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Less than 10 minutes since my post above and all the tiles have turned blank. Note "Page 38" still displays and all the tiles are the same size and in the same location but the thumbnails/images have disappeared.

Based on past experience I'm confident some of the thumbnails will return but it's a lottery as to which ones and for how long.

ZwwnZSG.png J2HTlux.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a reboot? How about clearing the cache of all of the various Google Play apps?

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Clearing the cache of Play Services and Play Store and then restarting seems to fix the issue. HOWEVER as soon as I go to the "Magazines" section of the Play Store the problems re-appear. I subscribe to a few magazines and even those that I've stored on the device take a while to appear in the "Read Now" section. Once I exit and go back to the home screen the library is missing images again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe try wiping the system cache partition:

1. If your tablet is on, power it off.
  2. Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
  3. Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
  4. Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
  6. Highlight and select "Wipe Cache Partition."
  7. When complete, select "Reboot System Now."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro