Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

David Strausser

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If this does not get fixed, we should do a class action. I spent $130 on my case just literally 45 days ago and now it is rendered useless. I am PISSED beyond belief. This is not right and now it will be hard for me to work.

erika mtz 17

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
After this update, my logitech keyboard immediately began to stop working. We paid $130 at best buy with the addition of warranty. This update needs to be fixed of its problems pronto!😠😬

Posted via the Android Central App

AlyarbankHQZ

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Samsung S Mouse lol. My Samsung Keyboard still works fine though. I think it's a Bluetooth driver issue. Both devices work fine with my laptop and another tablet.

sr_6002

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my bluetooth mouse. I did an online chat with Samsung, referenced this URL for them to see that it's just not me that has this issue with 5.0.2 and I asked them to open a problem with their tech support staff. If more of us do this (i.e., contact Samsung, like ntborg, post #57 did) hopefully Samsung will get the idea that this is an unacceptable issue and they need to provide a fix asap.

eni6ma

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a Samsung issue, my note pro 12.2 I updated to 5.02 and my Moga Game controller stopped working in B mode it connects then does nothing, sound familiar! I also have a note 4 phone using 5.01 and the controller works just fine with that still!

Wise Joy

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to Logitech today July 13th and the person I spoke to stated that Logitech didn't know about the update but they working on it.. They should have a definitive answer by next week or a 100% resolution in the next 2 weeks.. Either by replacing all the keyboards or software updates. So here's to that... this is really inconveniencing my life.. if anyone hears anything new or finds a solution before then.. please let us know.. Thanks

genkibrady

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Either by replacing all the keyboards or software updates.

Wouldn't the software update have to come via the OS? Or would I need to download a Logitech applet that would flash something in the keyboard when hooked up to the PC via USB? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In other news, I have tried and tried to flash back to a 4.4.2 ROM, and even looked at Cyanogen Mod... I have been terribly unsuccessful. If anybody has a link to a tutorial for novices like me, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!

genkibrady

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Except I'm not sure how it's Logitech's problem, if so many other BT devices are experiencing the same issue? I'm thinking it's Samsung's mods...

mtaylorUSA

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
This is what I just heard from someone: "Recently, Due to licensing issues, google coded their own bluetooth. Their version has compatibility issues with older versions used by others."

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
This is what I just heard from someone: "Recently, Due to licensing issues, google coded their own bluetooth. Their version has compatibility issues with older versions used by others."
"someone"? Who is this "someone"? Credible source? Please name them so we may discern their credibility. Anybody can say anything on the internet, but it doesn't make it true.

genkibrady

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
The mouse and keyboard I've been using with my Note 12.2 stopped working with the 5.0.2 update. However, they work with Lollipop on the Nexus and Note 3. Based on my troubleshooting, I'm concluding that Samsung's mods for 5.0.2 for the Note 12.2 are the culprit. Not Google, not Logitech, not Obama...

sr_6002

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Guess what! I just received this e-mail from Samsung:

“We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer.

This is in regards to your recent interaction with one of the Live chat associate with the Chat ID LTK1125604344965X regarding an issue with bluetooth mouse after upgrading to Android Lollipop.

We have forwarded the issue to the appropriate department and we'll revert back at the earliest. We regret for the inconvenience you've been experiencing.

Samsung values you as a customer and want to insure that we have provided you with the answer you were looking for. If for any reason the information we provided did not resolve your issue, we have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern.

Thank you for being a Samsung Customer!
Samsung Online Support.”

So given this e-mail and if I'm reading it correctly, looks like online chatting with Samsung got something moving there at Samsung and Samsung will fix this Bluetooth Lollipop 5.0.2 issue. And hopefully ntborg (post #57) received a similar e-mail from Samsung recently too. Never-the-less, the more people that call or online chat with Samsung and log their Bluetooth Lollipop 5.0.2 issues, the better chance we will have to see a fix coming from Samsung sooner rather than later.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Never-the-less, the more people that call or online chat with Samsung and log their Bluetooth Lollipop 5.0.2 issues, the better chance we will have to see a fix coming from Samsung sooner rather than later.

I totally agree, however, I have not yet upgraded my Note Pro 12.2 to 5.0.2 simply because of a potential issue with my Logitech K810 keyboard (I've been postponing it since first getting the notification last week). I'm not willing to install an update I can't reverse just to find out, either.

KGP

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with Samsung, who claim they do not know about this problem. I copied the address to this thread and I was told " That is not a Samsung Site" meaning there is no validity here....I mentioned that it just was not this site that was talking about this and basically I got the sorry there is nothing wrong and if there is " I hope they fix it too" !!!!!!!!!

Wow !

-Kevin

36string

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I chatted with Samsung twice last night too, neither agent was aware of this problem and both said it wasn't for Samsung to resolve. One suggested I contact Bluetooth, if my bluetooth appliances weren't working properly ... waste of time.

goaliekeg

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I've got three note pro 12.2's, one is mine and two for my directors. One of my directors got the 5.0.2 update, and killed the keyboard. Everyone sould escalate the issue to Samsung that has one of these devices and has received the update. As of now, only one business tablet cannot use the keyboard, but if all three got the update, I'd have a serious issue. These are business devices and we cannot be without bluetooth keyboards. Class action if the issue doesn't get resolved quickly...

David de Beer

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Today, I chatted with Samsung NL about this and the forthcoming problem with keyboards. I simply need the virtual keyboard pop up simultaneously, for symbols and diacritics that are not on the international keyboard, or simply are not accepted from a remote keyboard in some apps e.g. Samsung Mailclient on the NotePro. It worked well this way on 4.4.2; now the virtual keyboard is blocked by either the malfunctioning BT option, or my setup through an OTG cable.
That may be less a problem in the USA, in Europe when writing multiple language's from internationalised keyboards it is.

The only advise: next time wait about a month with an upgrade until most problems are solved.
I could not even get them to make a ticket for either problem.