Boot Animations Lists and Links with Instructions - Updated 02/16/11**

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I dropped a couple of boot/shutdown animations on the OP.. They may work - just pulled the links from XDA.. Let me know if they work for you.

They are flashable in Recovery.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason that the haters gonna hate boot animation doesn't fill the whole screen or is it just me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
A couple days ago I got the droid pissing on the apple 2 work, but it only runs on start up n was wondering how I could get the/an animation for shutdown

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
A couple days ago I got the droid pissing on the apple 2 work, but it only runs on start up n was wondering how I could get the/an animation for shutdown

Still waiting for the custom kernels to be published before we can be assured that the shutdown animations will work properly.

The kernel that was packaged with 2.2.1 is tweaked to that will play certain animation sequences. As of yet the bootanimation and Shutdown zips don't work.

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
For superclean .4 stupidfast 12/20 kernal? I didnt upgrade... Waitin for a less buggy version of dl30 superclean rom I like my fone on superclean .4 alot jus wish it had flash player

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
For superclean .4 stupidfast 12/20 kernal? I didnt upgrade... Waitin for a less buggy version of dl30 superclean rom I like my fone on superclean .4 alot jus wish it had flash player

You can pick just about any of the listed shutdowns that are listed as long as it is copied to the correct directory.. listed in the first post.

Much of the community has jumped onto the DL30 wagon and many have stopped even trying to put new boot and shutdown animations.

You will likely need to use a file manager (Super Manager or Root Explorer) to copy the file to the correct directory.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded android peeing on apple and moved it to my sd card. i went into cwm and found it on my sd card and clicked to install it. my phone gets stuck when it says installing update...i wait 10 minutes with the screen like that before i took out the battery and turned my phone on again....anyone know what could be causing this...im running RubikS...thanks

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded android peeing on apple and moved it to my sd card. i went into cwm and found it on my sd card and clicked to install it. my phone gets stuck when it says installing update...i wait 10 minutes with the screen like that before i took out the battery and turned my phone on again....anyone know what could be causing this...im running RubikS...thanks

Did you download the kernel that allows boot animations?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I am currently seeking a new link to the boot animation kernel. The link I had has gone dead.. If you have it and can share with me PM me I will host.

Thank you.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that until the kernel source is published and we start seeing the developers rolling out tests we will have to make due with what we can get..

joe007

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Any update? Currently running SC 2.2 (EB01)

Edit: Just read you have to have a voodoo kernel to have boot ani, so never mind!

Last edited:

Rick S

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to make the korean boot anaimation (.qmg file) into a bootanimation.zip? The .qmg type works great on EB01 with a stock kernel, but as soon as you install a voodoo kernel, its ruined. The voodoo kernel installs its own bootanimation.zip that can easily be removed from system/media, but even if you remove the .zip file, the korean boot animation is ruined because of a flashing box in the dead center. Im guessing the kernel needs to be modifed to fix this problem, so it might be easier if someone were to make a .zip of the korean .qmg file. Thanks for any responses or help.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to make the korean boot anaimation (.qmg file) into a bootanimation.zip? The .qmg type works great on EB01 with a stock kernel, but as soon as you install a voodoo kernel, its ruined. The voodoo kernel installs its own bootanimation.zip that can easily be removed from system/media, but even if you remove the .zip file, the korean boot animation is ruined because of a flashing box in the dead center. Im guessing the kernel needs to be modifed to fix this problem, so it might be easier if someone were to make a .zip of the korean .qmg file. Thanks for any responses or help.

It may be worth the wait to get a custom kernel to play the boot animations(zips) working. The other way would be to pull and convert the qmp files to png format.. and rename as well as repackage the boot animation into a zip. A bit tedious but a job I may be willing to take on only if I can find some time free.

Given the current task load may be in your best interest to wait till another kernel comes available.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
vluc - Thank you sir for contributing the DL30 Boot animation kernel -

This may work for EB01 - Please use at your own risk..

Note: Animation sound does not work with this kernel.

Please report back if it works on EB01.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays