Bootloop+No Recovery while changing CloudyG3->Slimkat

TunakTun633

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Feel free to redirect me to any thread that has the answer to my question, but so far I haven't found any.

I purchased a G2 this summer that came pre-loaded with CloudyG3 1.1. I didn't have time to do it myself, but needed a cheap 4K camera for a trip. I believe Root Manager, ClockWorkMod and SuperSU are installed, but I have no further understanding of how it was rooted, etc.

While trying to flash SlimKat build version 8.0 (the latest stable release), I entered a bootloop. After getting past the LG logo, the SlimKat logo appears on the screen for 3 seconds or so before fading away. It repeats this process until I force the phone off by holding the power button.

I understand, by getting to Recovery Mode, I should be able to mitigate the issue; but no recovery mode is present. I have tried pressing every combination of the buttons, letting go upon seeing the LG logo, and pressing them again. The logo disappears, reappears, and fades away again. I see no indicator whatsoever that there is a

Has somebody else worked through a similar issue? Is restoring to stock the only available option? I don't want to have to go through the root process if I don't have to, and I want to keep the CloudyG3 ROM on the device in case I would like to switch back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao