Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Same here, Xs Max and Apple watch. Kind of hard to completely switch especially Apple watch. I'm not that invested into iMessage so that's not a problem but Apple watch is so nice. I used to have multiple phones over all the past years and so used to be no problem. But now planning to cut down on tech and sold all devices last month and just with the iPhone. Was not planning to get the S10 but man once you start following news again, watch videos and participate in the forums you get sucked in. I'm still thinking, have a reservation for S10+ at best buy and thought I'll decide later. I played with S10e and that's an awesome feeling phone with flat screen. I may settle for that eventually. I'll see still time is there or may be not get anything

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I went ahead and placed an order for the S10e from Samsung.com. Picked up Note 8 from eBay for $341 including tax (grr eBay started charging 10% sales tax for WA state). So paid $197 for S10e after $550 trade in for the Note 8.

Overall out of pocket cost is around $540 for the S10e. I think I'm fine with that instead of paying additional $260 or so more for the S10+. I will ignore the best buy reservation for S10+. At least i have a back up plan if I change my mind

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

I went ahead and placed an order for the S10e from Samsung.com. Picked up Note 8 from eBay for $341 including tax (grr eBay started charging 10% sales tax for WA state). So paid $197 for S10e after $550 trade in for the Note 8.

Overall out of pocket cost is around $540 for the S10e. I think I'm fine with that instead of paying additional $260 or so more for the S10+. I will ignore the best buy reservation for S10+. At least i have a back up plan if I change my mind

Oh I knew you would.. even with you saying maybe not. You always do :p

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Oh I knew you would.. even with you saying maybe not. You always do :p

I really thought this time I will be able to resist and skip.

At least I didn't go for the higher end models. So I have made progress

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I really thought this time I will be able to resist and skip.

At least I didn't go for the higher end models. So I have made progress

You still have the higher on reservation😋 you might not be done yet

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

Know where you’re coming from

I love my iPad Pro 12.9 but the iPhones are boring compared to what the S10 is

IKR...it’s what made me switch to an S7 Edge instead of getting an iPhone 6. Wireless charging was rare in 2016, the IP68 rating seemed useful (and is in my opinion)...but the main feature was the big 5.5 inch QHD AMOLED display...not to mention the competition-destroying camera.

Back then, if the screen size of your phone was 5.5 inches it was a phablet. Now even the smallest phones have a 5.5-5.8 inch screen sizes (Pixel 3, iPhone XS etc).