Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Have no need for any type of smart watch.I love watches and i returned my smart watch after 3 days. I have never used the Face Id feature on my X.

I also like a good watch. Partial to skeleton face watches myself. Still, my Ticwatch Pro manages to look like a real watch.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone XS Max to S10 Plus - anyone else making this move?

The issue is getting all of my family on iMessaage to download whatsapp. In a perfect world I would never use messages and just use whatsapp.

Then it looks like switching to Android wouldn't be so 'ideal' for you. I'd recommend sticking with what works best for you and makes your life easiest.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sending a link for a video in Google Photos takes me the same amount of time as iMessage. The issue is it's not a sophisticated feeling workflow. Lol

Never said sophisticated -- but it being integrated where I can literally just tap the video and hit send is still less steps and way easier. Easier for the person getting it as well if they aren't tech savvy (my parents).

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

Never said sophisticated -- but it being integrated where I can literally just tap the video and hit send is still less steps and way easier. Easier for the person getting it as well if they aren't tech savvy (my parents).

Agreed, as it is much easier to sent to my parents over iMessage as they don't know anything about google drive and stuff like that in their 70s. So for me to make this work, I have to find a way for them as well so its easy. I rarely send any videos to them, mostly pictures. So that shouldn't be an issue there. Will figure something out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, as it is much easier to sent to my parents over iMessage as they don't know anything about google drive and stuff like that in their 70s. So for me to make this work, I have to find a way for them as well so its easy. I rarely send any videos to them, mostly pictures. So that shouldn't be an issue there. Will figure something out.

Ah yeah for me we use FaceTime and send videos of the nephew often so having it easily integrated helps.

DTRRT

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
Wel I have the XS max and just ordered the ceramic white 512. Rest of the famil is on iPhone. I am registered on my iPad so we can still do the family thing with music and apps

I’ll just turn off iMessage when I get the new phone an pray. Lol

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I get the iMessage love but I certainly wouldn’t;t stick with a restricted OS based on the messaging service.

Fully agree. My family is a split of Android and iOS, we all use WhatsApp though, so any big messages or pictures/videos are sent that way.

We’ve still got iPads and Macs, so Facetime and iMessages can be managed that way.

Everything I have is apple, just their phones leave me cold.

I use iSyncr for music from iTunes onto Android, just make up your playlists and go from there, it’s very easy to use and it’s a great amp paired with Poweramp as the music player

Last edited:

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Fully agree. My family is a split of Android and iOS, we all use WhatsApp though, so any big messages or pictures/videos are sent that way.

We’ve still got iPads and Macs, somGacet8me and iMessages can be managed that way.

Everything I have is apple, just their phones leave me cold.

I use iSyncr for music from iTunes onto Android, just make up your playlists and go from there, it’s very easy to use and it’s a great amp paired with Poweramp as the music player

Know where you’re coming from

I love my iPad Pro 12.9 but the iPhones are boring compared to what the S10 is

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Know where you’re coming from

I love my iPad Pro 12.9 but the iPhones are boring compared to what the S10 is

Yeah; I've the new 11" Pro and it's a superb iPad; do wonder if I should have gone for the 12.9" one though

I don't use it for drawing/designing etc, but I do read a lot of magazines on it and play a bit of RealRacing 3 and 8 Ball Pool at times ;)

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had an iPhone (the XS Max) for about six months and am looking forward to going back to Samsung. My son and DIL really wanted me to try the iPhone out, and there are definitely things I like about it. I do like Face ID and hope it won't be annoying to go back to a fingerprint. I also like iMessage, but I have an iPad Mini and will still be able to Facetime with my granddaughters. :) I feel overall, like the iPhone just isn't for me. I prefer Android. And I don't have an Apple watch, so can't compare, but I love my Gear Fit Pro 2. :) It does everything I need it to.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
It is hard for me to leave the iPhone mainly for one reason. The Apple Watch. I've tried pretty much every smartwatch out there and nothing comes close (for me). I really, really love the Series 4 Apple Watch. The iPhone is pretty much the same ole for the last several years. Can't say I'm leaving the iPhone necessarily but I will replace my S9+ with the S10+ and keep both the S10+ and XS Max.

This. It's amazing how wondering the AW integrates with iPhone and there is nothing comparable on Android. I want to swap to the S10 because the iPhone is boring BUT the AW is holding me back. I wonder if Apple appreciates that the phones - while buttery smooth and stable - are flat out boring and it's actually the watch that keeps people in the ecosystem. I'm on the fence on this S10. Definitely not a revolutionary upgrade. I predict Samsung sales slump is going to continue. I too love the latest and greatest too but I have a feeling after a month with the S10 I'll miss the AW. The other big one is definitely iMessage. Like it or not - 80% of the people I text with use iPhones.

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Guys

Just left sprint. Played with both S10 and S10+. May actually change my order to the +. I cannot believe the screens on these phones. My God. Apple is so far behind it's not even close. Made my phone display look archaic. The phone so fast. I'm really excited.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Guys

Just left sprint. Played with both S10 and S10+. May actually change my order to the +. I cannot believe the screens on these phones. My God. Apple is so far behind it's not even close. Made my phone display look archaic. The phone so fast. I'm really excited.

Nice right! Don't worry about imessage and enjoy the device.

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice right! Don't worry about imessage and enjoy the device.

I'm really in awe. The camera is insane too. It so deep and accurate.Plus the cutout at the top is so much smaller than the iPhone. Mine is huge.

Do you know why the videos sent from iPhone to android are such crap? like why does that happen and will there ever be a fix?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah there are definite work arounds but those are a bigger pain to do. I am a heavy Google user but it was extremely rare for me to send a video that way whereas with iMessage I will gladly send since it is easy for me but most importantly it is easier for the person on the other end.

I feel like making it easier for the person on the other end is what makes me stay with iOS. But, why worry about everyone else? I'm making it easier for everyone else and not enjoying a phone as much as I want to? The premium prices of the iPhone are crazy, you basically pay for the ecosystem and a couple other proprietary apple things. I can easily survive on an Android phone, and I want to get back into android so bad! I feel like I sacrifice too much for family members when I should focus on what I really want to use. The new S10 devices are not even comparable to the iPhone..display and hardware wise. The apple watch is great too, but I absolutely hate the look of it. I want a watch that looks like a watch with a round face! I think the Galaxy active watch is going to be great.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I feel like making it easier for the person on the other end is what makes me stay with iOS. But, why worry about everyone else? I'm making it easier for everyone else and not enjoying a phone as much as I want to? The premium prices of the iPhone are crazy, you basically pay for the ecosystem and a couple other proprietary apple things. I can easily survive on an Android phone, and I want to get back into android so bad! I feel like I sacrifice too much for family members when I should focus on what I really want to use. The new S10 devices are not even comparable to the iPhone..display and hardware wise. The apple watch is great too, but I absolutely hate the look of it. I want a watch that looks like a watch with a round face! I think the Galaxy active watch is going to be great.

Well the everyone else for me is my parents so yeah I am cool w/ doing it for others... But TBH I have zero complaints w/ my iPhone plus my Apple Watch is pretty awesome. I am not hating the ecosystem or the use so far (since release of the XS Max).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001