Bricked AT&T Galaxy S4 Pretty Badly

Smileh104

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I was stupid. I flashed CWM on a phone with a locked bootloader (I think?), and now it says "System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone"

I cannot access recovery, or boot normally. I tried to flash stock 4.2.2, but it fails in Odin. I believe this is because I cannot downgrade. Could I flash 4.4.2, the version I had when I installed CWM?

Once again, I cannot boot normally or into recovery. Is this the end of my sweet, sweet phone?

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Try kies. This has saved my **** a few times. If not sammobile might have a newer copy of your firmware. On my sprint s4 I've lost system and recovery. Odin saved me. Good luck buddy. Keep us posted please.

Smileh104

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Try kies. This has saved my **** a few times. If not sammobile might have a newer copy of your firmware. On my sprint s4 I've lost system and recovery. Odin saved me. Good luck buddy. Keep us posted please.

Thanks for the help! I couldn't do it with Odin, because it tried to install 4.2.2. I've tried Kies, SamMobile, and Samsung-Updates. The most recent they have for my SGH-I337 was 4.2.2. :(

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I might be able to dig something up.. what's your exact model number under your battery? And tge last android version your were running/baseband? I'm pretty resourceful. I just compiled the first Odin stock with root tar for my Sprint S4 L720t running the newest nc6 4.4.2 firmware... although.. it's still unreleased and being tested.. lol

Smileh104

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I might be able to dig something up.. what's your exact model number under your battery? And tge last android version your were running/baseband? I'm pretty resourceful. I just compiled the first Odin stock with root tar for my Sprint S4 L720t running the newest nc6 4.4.2 firmware... although.. it's still unreleased and being tested.. lol

Model number... SGH-I337? I believe that's it, or at least what it says under my battery
Last android I was running would 4.4.2 I got OTA

You obviously know a lot more about this than I do. Is the reason I can't flash via odin the version? Or would it be something else?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao