Buying a Note 2. is it worth it?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I see that the Galaxy S4 will have the hover feature by using your finger. I'm curious to see how this will work for smaller sized links, because a person's finger isn't as thin as the tip of a an S-Pen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Now that you mention it, I'm quite curious to see how it will work on smaller sized links too and smaller sized navigation bars that have sub menus.. I'm just curious if it'll work with your finger like the S-Pen does when you hover that over anything.

I'm trying to really justify which phone to get.. but the reason I can't choose from either one at the moment is I love the camera options (dual recording for the S4 - is that video on both sides or only picture on front facing and video on the back camera?) on the S4, but I also just love the fact that the Note 2 has the S-Pen.. but like i mentioned I do have an iPad but you're right.. the iPad you cannot hover anything over it, you'd have to click all the links lol and it is much harder toting the iPad around than a phone.

My other reason I can't decide is because although I LOVE a big screen, I am trying to justify where I will put the Note 2 when I work out (as i use my current iPhone as my music player and stick it in my pocket).. whereas I can do that with the S4, but the Note 2.. i'll probably have to stick that in my sports bra facing out.. which I don't mind as i've had to do that to my iPhone before because it would fall out of my pockets (for example when laying down to do bench press)..

so Even though I really want to get the note 2 like right this minute, I know I want to look at the S4 because of the newer processor and the nicer screen display.. and at the same time i'm like.. am I really going to use the features? (probably not.. like air gesture , wave my hand over the screen to move pages.. probably not.. and probably not the group play cause i'll be the only one out of my friends that will have an S4)..

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Note2 a few days ago (Verizon) and I added another line just to get this puppy. I have been an iPhone user from day 1 and have never owned an Android OS. I am coming from the iPhone 5, so I have a lot to learn but I have hardly out this phone down in 3 days! I was tired and Bored of iphone and my eyes were seriously hurting and I was getting headaches from searching the Web on that small screen. Well I'm happy to report that my eyes haven't hurt and no headache for 3 days!!! I am Amazed by this device and absolutely love it. I'm still learning quite a bit but I'm almost there. I wish I could figure out how to start a new thread using Tapatalk. :banghead:

Definitely get the Note!! I definitely wanted the larger screen and I played with S3 also but felt it wasn't a huge upgrade from iphone screen so I went with the Note and I love the SPen for jotting down notes and grocery lists!!
Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2using Tapatalk 2

I hope you have figured out how to stsrt a new thread by now or thst you know how to check your quoted posts. However if you havent yet here is how. From the screen that has all the different threads hit the menu key. Its the one to the left of the home key. A menu will pop up that gives you the option to start a new thread. Hope it helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I was planning on buying a Note 2 but now that S4 is being released is buying a Note 2 worth it? I want a bigger screen and I heard the battery life is awesome.

(I could wait for Note 3 but the problem is that I don't know if I can wait that long)

To OP, did you decide on phone?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I see that the Galaxy S4 will have the hover feature by using your finger. I'm curious to see how this will work for smaller sized links, because a person's finger isn't as thin as the tip of a an S-Pen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Only way to find out is to check it out when it gets released for AT&T tomorrow. :D

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my Note 2 this afternoon. Transitioning from the S3. S3 has been/is likely the best phone I've had. Now I probably said that same thing years ago when moving from a StarTAC to an early generation Windows phone, and before that from a brick to the StarTAC. But in today's smartphone world, I've been happy with the S3 considering the alternatives and my requirements.

Like others have noted here, I need the bigger screen size to help the eyes. The S Pen and its related software ecosystem are a bonus, and something I've missed from the older Windows phones that had them.

While I was waiting to get the account stuff completed at the store, one of the staff was comparing the S3 to an S4 demo unit. I didn't have long to look, but was not obvious which phone was which until the staff said "that's an S4". Understand that some form factor tweaking and design changes have enabled Samsung to get a larger screen in the S4 compared to the S3. Now I look at my S3 and Note II side by side, and the screen size difference is noticeable. Perhaps obvious statement knowing the specs for both phones, but noting to help illustrate that the screen size difference between the S3 and S4 will be relatively minor.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I love it.
I have two upgrades left (me and my husband) and I'm still happy with h my note 2... My husband mentioned getting that and I can get whatever...
I'm debating but now but rushing.
I can't say fire the s4...But the note over s3... Definitely

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

mezajames

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2 was an awesome choice from a iphone. Yeah the iphone is simple and fun... but this note 2 with its power and battery life can't compare. Iphone since day one. . And now using Samsung N2. No jail break needed to change appearance and font :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

NewYorkChic

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my note like 3 weeks ago and the phone is awesome I came from the s3, battery life is the best and it is very speedy I must add

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

ddoyle777

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Here's my take since I am in a similar situation. I had the iphone 5 and was pretty happy with it for a while. I've been looking longingly at the N2 because of it's huge screen and pen interface, but wasn't sure if I should get it or the G4. I waited until the reviews of the G4 hit the web and concluded that it had nothing I really needed that wasn't already on the bigger, pen-enabled N2. So I bought the N2 and am happy with my decision.
I think at this point in the game the current phones are more than adequate. Or as I keep hearing it - good enough is good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH