By mistake, I merged the contacts on my Samsung A11 phone. How do I reverse that?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I merged my contacts, I now have the same phone number with two different names on it. When I try to go in & edit the one I want to remove, that name doesn't show up, but the one I want to keep does. How do I get the contacts to unmerge and I'll go through and individually delete the wrong ones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Select one of the merged contacts in the Contacts app, then tap the Menu button. Do you see an option to Unmerge or Unjoin?

sb1969

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I found my old login info so I'm logged in now. It did it with some of my contacts. My phone contact list from my Samsung S6 transferred to my new phone, a Samsung A11e & I synced it with my tablet, which has some duplicate numbers, but different names listed. A merge option came up on my phone, so I thought merging would work, but now it won't let me go back in and edit the names to correct it. I can delete and re-enter them, but hoped I could unmerge them & clean them up on my own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia