Cache partition wiped, FR, now what?

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
OK so my phone was basically wrecked with the original Lollipop update. Did the cache partition wipe, factory restore, and for a while it was ok.. then it started acting up again - getting super hot, quick battery drain, apps crashing. Applied the other update from Verizon and went through all the same steps again, with the same results. Each time I reinstalled fewer and fewer apps. Now I've just done another cache partition wipe, factory restore, set up no email accounts, installed no apps, and am running in safe mode.. and my phone feels pretty hot. What's the best/safest way to check the health (temp) of the battery? Should I install GSam for a while? Or is there a way within the stock battery stuff to check the temp?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
OK so my phone was basically wrecked with the original Lollipop update. Did the cache partition wipe, factory restore, and for a while it was ok.. then it started acting up again - getting super hot, quick battery drain, apps crashing. Applied the other update from Verizon and went through all the same steps again, with the same results. Each time I reinstalled fewer and fewer apps. Now I've just done another cache partition wipe, factory restore, set up no email accounts, installed no apps, and am running in safe mode.. and my phone feels pretty hot. What's the best/safest way to check the health (temp) of the battery? Should I install GSam for a while? Or is there a way within the stock battery stuff to check the temp?

Did you do a Full Wipe as well as a Factory Data Reset, as per #2.3 and #2.4 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide, as often it can be problems with the internal or external storage, particularly if apps have been partially moved to the SD card, that causes problems. I would suggest formatting your phone's storage and SD card as described.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gashead