Calendar provides notifications for events despite me turning them off in settings

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This may or may not be a Turbo-only issue, same qualifier for Lollipop as well. But, it is noticed, so I ask.

When I put an event on the stock Google Calendar, I specifically have my settings to say NO notifications. I look at the event when created and it has NO notifications. Yet 10 minutes before the event like clockwork, boom, notification.

If I've turned off notifications, why do I get them?

I'm going to go into the desktop version of Calendar and see what I can do there, but this notification stuff is annoying.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This issue has been discussed before on these forums and I recall having the same problem myself. Unfortunately, I don't recall if there is a remedy for the stock calendar. I switched to the aCalendar and have not looked back.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to the website and found a setting to turn off. Apparently the app isn't enough. You got to go to Google Calendars online and turn it off there.

But will it work? I will find out in due time as I have a scheduled event next week. (My calendar is kind of oddly quiet this week.)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
You can always set up a fake event lol.

What i miss is the Samsung calander from my notes. I loved a full month view that i could make an entire page with.

I wound up using the Month Calander, its easy and lots of options while being simple.

Posted via the Android Central App

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well going to the desktop website worked. Turning them off there in addition to my phone killed notifications completely. The one I had set up for today never came whereas before it would have whether I liked it or not.

Sometimes I wonder why I start threads and ask questions when I randomly figure out the answer anyway. I suppose someone will find use in it and make it worth it and not make me seem stupid or foolish or something LOL.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord