Called Htc Today

NyStrongest

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I dont think so, if verizon has the phones within their own warehouses I would assume that means verizon has already purchased the units from HTC (otherwise why would HTC send them the items) therefore HTC already has its $ for the devices and could probably care less about how long it takes for it to hit the market

Exactly but..... htc must be making more no......

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC has to think about when the next shipment will be bought by Verizon though. Hopefully this won't be a one shipment and stop making them thing.

I doubt it will be a one shipment kind of thing, HTC has a pretty strong rep among the devices that they make, and I'm sure over time they will sell plenty, and in turn have to make more, but my feeling is that as or right now they have their $ for the first batch and are currently focused on other devices (the merge, and everything they unveiled at MWC etc) therefore right now they would not be too concerned as to when it hits market, as long as it makes the Q1 deadline talked about at CES Im sure HTC would be happy.

thegoon9

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it will be a one shipment kind of thing, HTC has a pretty strong rep among the devices that they make, and I'm sure over time they will sell plenty, and in turn have to make more, but my feeling is that as or right now they have their $ for the first batch and are currently focused on other devices (the merge, and everything they unveiled at MWC etc) therefore right now they would not be too concerned as to when it hits market, as long as it makes the Q1 deadline talked about at CES Im sure HTC would be happy.

Fair enough

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I meant it is time for Verizon to get with the program. They released the Xoom without 4g, why not the Tbolt? I'm not going anywhere, especially not AT&T.

I will gladly get my t-Mobil HTC Pyramid, or my Sprint HTC EVO 2 this summer if Verizon keeps jacking me around. Can we please start NEW FORUMS on these phones? Isn't someone who works for Verizon on this thread who can speak to the fact that I am not doing my Storm 1 debacle again?
(I bought the Storm in late February/March)....yea it was pretty awesome through July....then all these other phones came out and my phone became the "gay" phone! Just sayin...I jumped too early! OH...and where I live the coverage is pretty good from all of them..but I agree about AT&T...we left it because we did have a good number of dropped calls...2 years of Verizon...almost none!

Reactions: mpf

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
yes, I know they are not LTE...but I am not a gamer or movie guy...I jsut want to get an HTC android...especially after reading all these posts!

dt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
here's how i see it, verizon is scheming to screw us over since they know that early adopters of the TB will generally be techy ppl or ppl stupid enough to throw money at them for a new LTE phone (i know im guilty). early adopters will likely abuse the crap out of LTE, at least for the first couple of months, but at the same time would likely be willing to pay for it

the 1 highlight out of all this is, after announcing their tiered plans with the TB, they're giving us all another chance to lock in unlimited 3G... i hope...

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is of any use but I emailed them last week about the phone and they said this

"Unfortuantely Sean, there is currently no release information for this product in your region, we encourage you to continually visit HTC?s Worldwide product page at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs where you can learn more about this new device and stay informed on any future announcements regarding specific regional availability.

The Thunderbolts release is only known to the wireless provider. You may want to check on the Verizon website for the product launch date."

Since they said they don't have any info on the release date and its only known by the wireless provider(verizon), they are not doing any hardware changes like the battery. So if this information is correct then the battery issue cannot be the reason for the delays. I guess that it is good to know it is on Verizon's part because hardware changes could take a long time.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Because the network isnt suppose to be fully build for another 2 years. Best guess to know if you will have 4G connection is if you live within 30-40 miles of an NFL city.

i live 5 minutes from Gillette stadium (Patriots) and no LTE here yet there is like 20 minutes away from me but not in Foxboro MA where the stadium is located lol

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I call htc today to hear there two cents on what's going on with this thunderbolt situation. I spoke with a rep that stated and I quote Verizon has had these phones for a while now in there wear house we have shipped them. I then asked why haven't they been released he stated there making sure there lte network is at 100% before they release the phone other then that I don't have anymore information ... well why don't you all give them a ring call them up at 1-866-449-8358 and let's see if we get the same responce I did or a bunch more .....
Verizon is known for holding up things. Even with updates and all. What the rep told you seem logical.. because Verizon have a commercial advertising the "Thunderbolt" , which would confirmed what the rep had told you.

MrMC7992

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I call htc today to hear there two cents on what's going on with this thunderbolt situation. I spoke with a rep that stated and I quote Verizon has had these phones for a while now in there wear house we have shipped them. I then asked why haven't they been released he stated there making sure there lte network is at 100% before they release the phone other then that I don't have anymore information ... well why don't you all give them a ring call them up at 1-866-449-8358 and let's see if we get the same responce I did or a bunch more .....

it has been stated by BMX numerous times that the LTE network is very much ready for this phone to be released.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Because the network isnt suppose to be fully build for another 2 years. Best guess to know if you will have 4G connection is if you live within 30-40 miles of an NFL city.

I live in a football city (Buffalo) and Verizon has not giving us 4g yet, nor are we on the list to get it this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777