Camcorder app?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So you select Shortcuts, then a screen comes up with a list of items, right? First item is Applications. What is your 2nd and 3rd items?

Reactions: TSX05

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I just reinstalled Touchwiz and yea, it seems it doesn't offer the ability to make a shortcut to individual activities. Maybe Launcher Pro somehow activates that in TouchWiz, but I don't use LP so I can't verify that.

But...

To solve the problem, go to the market and search for an app called Any Cut, written by a Jeff Hamilton. Install it, it's free. Now, long press on the home screen and when the "Add to home screen" window pops up, select Shortcuts, then Any Cut. That'll bring up a list, select "Activity" and then scroll down to Camcorder and BAM!! that'll put a shortcut on your home screen directly to the camcorder, replete with camcorder icon!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This must be a LauncherPro feature one way or another. I'm running stock TouchWiz without LP and "Activities" isn't even an option for me, and the Camera within applications has no sub menu.

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
thanks all, yeah I have no option to select activties.

thanks 3D that "any cut" worked perfect, exactly what I was looking for. now hopefully I won't miss any more late game bench clearing hockey fights.

just another reason this is a great great site, I really appreciate everyones responses to solve the issue.

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This must be a LauncherPro feature one way or another. I'm running stock TouchWiz without LP and "Activities" isn't even an option for me, and the Camera within applications has no sub menu.

Must be LP then. Been running LP pretty much from when I first got my Fascinate. Haven't looked back @ TW since.

Glad you finally got it working Flyers! :D

Womer

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
"any cut" should be searched from the Android Market app, not from AppBrain. AppBrain only finds BetterCut and some inappropriate apps.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
"any cut" should be searched from the Android Market app, not from AppBrain. AppBrain only finds BetterCut and some inappropriate apps.

I've e-mailed them about that several times, and will continue to do so until I get a response. If you are going to have a site like they have, they need to make sure their search is working. I don't even use Any Cut, but it's just irritating to me that it doesn't show up in a search on their site.

Maybe they are getting $$ from the makers of BetterCut and that's why we see it when searching for AnyCut. Let's face it: even in a RegEx search, "Better" does not replace "Any".

Womer

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
yeah. i searched "any cut" and "anycut" on AppBrain. not sure why it didn't show up. that's the only one i've come across that didn't show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana