Camera how good is it.....really?

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The camera itself, is very good. Taking pics of objects far away- the performance is just ok. But anything close up and in low light is amazing.

The camera features, like Zoe, video highlights, sequence, etc are fantastic in my opinion.

Zoe, video highlights, sequence, etc are fantastic in my opinion.

Agreed.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I also agree that the camera at least to me is a strong point. Sure sometimes I've changed the settings on the camera when needed but the features and quality to me is awesome.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Haytham Negm

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The camera is the most disappointing hardware feature of the phone.
People are just brainwashed by Zoe
To be fair the camera compared to the EVO 4G LTE has more rich color quality in the photos but because of the 4MP (Ultra Pixels is a marketing myth) the pictures are not crisp compared to other phones.
A 2012 phone camera should not be better than a 2013 phone cam and that's what irks me especially when you factor in the price points of this phone.
And for people who now say they don't expect much for a phone cam. Price points for phones today have now exceeded to over $600 = for that price people expect and want a great cam for that price.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
2013-10-08 14.56.25.jpg

this is what happens when you put the phone down on a black surface. definitely sucks. my htc evo 4g lte never had this issue. some were saying the 4.3 update would fix this but that was taken right after upgrading to 4.3. the only semi-solution for it is to turn the iso down to like 100-200 and it gets a little better. not a deal breaker for me because i love the phone but sure wish this didn't happen.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Had the M7 since day 1, preordered. Have really loved the phone. With Lollipop it still works wonderfully. Battery life is still great. My expereince with the camera has been outstanding (I did have to send mine in to have the camera replaced - but my wife's never had the problem).

I do want a new phone, but, based on what I have seen so far, I am worried that I won't be happy with the cameras due to huge file sizes and poor low light performance.

Anyway, just updating my experience with what may have been one of the best smart phones ever.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Had the M7 since day 1, preordered. Have really loved the phone. With Lollipop it still works wonderfully. Battery life is still great. My expereince with the camera has been outstanding (I did have to send mine in to have the camera replaced - but my wife's never had the problem).

I do want a new phone, but, based on what I have seen so far, I am worried that I won't be happy with the cameras due to huge file sizes and poor low light performance.

Anyway, just updating my experience with what may have been one of the best smart phones ever.
Can you give me some better camera settings for the m7 (image adjustments,iso etc...)? I take a lot of outdoor pics and I think they could be better.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you give me some better camera settings for the m7 (image adjustments,iso etc...)? I take a lot of outdoor pics and I think they could be better.

What about the pictures do you feel could be better? My advice on settings would depend on knowing that. I tend to shoot Sharpness -1 but otherwise no other special settings unless there is a particular reason to change something. It is important to manage the exposure by choosing an appropriate spot on the image, in other words, if you picture is too bright, set exposure on a brighter area in the image. If your image is too dark, set the exposure based on a darker area.