Camera lag

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, guys! This is my first time posting here :)
I bought a SGS4 about a month ago, and, well it's an amazing phone though I can't help but notice lag when I open the camera.
It takes a long time for it to load, and when I change from the back to the frontal camera and vice versa it shows delay as well. Is there any way I can solve it? Thank you in advance!
PS: my phone's software is up to date

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys! This is my first time posting here :)
I bought a SGS4 about a month ago, and, well it's an amazing phone though I can't help but notice lag when I open the camera.
It takes a long time for it to load, and when I change from the back to the frontal camera and vice versa it shows delay as well. Is there any way I can solve it? Thank you in advance!
PS: my phone's software is up to date

The only way to solve the issue is to get rid of Touchwiz. But you cannot do this unless you Root the phone and that is a whole new ballpark.
You will just have to deal with it unless Samsung comes up with a solution and updates the phone.... again

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. With mine its worse when I set default storage to sd card the camera app crashes all the time. But I solved that issue by saving photos to device storage.

via Tapatalk, 4 Galaxies away

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
But if I just turn off every single TouchWiz feature using the developer options, will it work? Or the only way is getting rid of it completely?

I save my pictures on my SD card, but my camera isn't crashing, it's just slow to load.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
But if I just turn off every single TouchWiz feature using the developer options, will it work? Or the only way is getting rid of it completely?

I save my pictures on my SD card, but my camera isn't crashing, it's just slow to load.

Touchwiz is the overlay of sorts. And its very have and its a RAM hog.
So the less RAM available.... the slower it will be. Try using Taskiller https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tni.TasKiller
It helps speed things up by clearing some of the RAM

savmandy

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I already use task killer (way too much, I think) so yeah... thanks anyway for the link :) I'll try turning off my TouchWiz features, maybe that'll help.

blue lion

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Once the camera app is open I wish it would capture the image faster than it does. It hesitates and sometimes I miss what I intended to photograph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86