can i convert a hp pavilion to run windows

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i have the hp pavilion chromebook model 14-c015dx and it has been updated to the point of it runs so slow it iw useless. i know it is updates as i have a chromeboomk that i have not done updates to and that one runs faster than my hp laptops, but these 14-c015dx models are real slow after the updates a few years ago when google started pushing there new chromebooks.

anyway the hardware is still good so i hear there is a way to get this model to run windows? at one time i hear there is a jumper on the motherboard that i can switch and then allow windows to be loaded onto the ssd and run windows. and even if the 16gb ssd is to small for the windows os i can install a larger ssd drive and still use these. i hate to toss them if i can repurpose them. i asked this on the chromebook site and got banned lets hope i do not get banned here for the same question

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried "power washing" it?

I've actually got no idea if you can install Windows on this, but I am pretty sure it won't help. Windows is neither smaller, faster nor more efficient than ChromeOS.

If you'd still like to attempt this, I would recommend this website: www.google.com

Annie_M

Trusted Member
Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
i have the hp pavilion chromebook model 14-c015dx and it has been updated to the point of it runs so slow it iw useless. i know it is updates as i have a chromeboomk that i have not done updates to and that one runs faster than my hp laptops, but these 14-c015dx models are real slow after the updates a few years ago when google started pushing there new chromebooks.

anyway the hardware is still good so i hear there is a way to get this model to run windows? at one time i hear there is a jumper on the motherboard that i can switch and then allow windows to be loaded onto the ssd and run windows. and even if the 16gb ssd is to small for the windows os i can install a larger ssd drive and still use these. i hate to toss them if i can repurpose them. i asked this on the chromebook site and got banned lets hope i do not get banned here for the same question

Welcome to Android Central. If you haven't already, you may want to post this question on our sister forum: forums.windowscentral.com. Also, in order to continue participating in this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on Android Central. If you're interested in registering for an account, you'll find instructions here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No. The SSD is too small, the CPU is underpowered. Have a look at the benchmarks of the CPU here. The minimum requirements for Windows 10 are here. Then there is the issue of the Chromebook lacking the necessary BIOS or UEFI to boot Windows.

If your Chromebook is running slow in Chrome OS, there really isn't going to be much else you can do. Even a Linux distro would probably have higher minimum hardware requirements than what your device is capable of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali