Can i password protect a specific folder?

toshbar

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
New question. Am i able to password protect a specific folder of pictures? I want to have a folder with my gym progress pics and password protect it so if people look at my phone, they can look through pics but not access that folder. Possible? Can i do this in ES File Explorer Pro?
I have thousands of funny pics that i have saved over the years and ive built this reputation as the "funny pic guy." People always ask for my phone to look if i have new funny pics so it's not like having my phone password protected with remedy this one.

to those that gave me advice on my previous questions: removing cleaner master pro ended up fixing the battery issues. my s7 edge NOW has mindblowing battery
for the NFC issue, i ended up factory ressetting it and everything is resolved. I need to take it slower with all the customization for my first android experience. I'm pretty sure i broke things with clean master, package disabler, and greenify.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Samsung has a built in private mode. I use that for stuff I don't want people looking at.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you didn't really need any of those. The S7 has stellar battery life already out of the box. (and with built-in Doze AND Samsung's own battery optimizer, it can last for quite a while).

Anyway, to your question, yes, you can. There's a Private Mode available and anything you move in there will be password protected. Apps, files, folders, you name it. It's like having a private, second phone inside your phone.

toshbar

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Figured it out... I think?

So when private mode is on, I can put pictures into a "private folder". While private mode is on, they are viewable. Once i turn off private mode, the folder becomes hidden. Is this how it works?

Is there a way to have the contents in a folder that is visible and when i click it, it asks for a password?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Correct, that's how Private Mode works.

For the visible folder but password protected you'd need a 3rd party app. I'd be careful with these, as if you uninstall them or something goes wrong, you might end up not having access to your files (plus, it's not as secure as Private Mode, usually).

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
New question. Am i able to password protect a specific folder of pictures? I want to have a folder with my gym progress pics and password protect it so if people look at my phone, they can look through pics but not access that folder. Possible? Can i do this in ES File Explorer Pro?
I have thousands of funny pics that i have saved over the years and ive built this reputation as the "funny pic guy." People always ask for my phone to look if i have new funny pics so it's not like having my phone password protected with remedy this one.

to those that gave me advice on my previous questions: removing cleaner master pro ended up fixing the battery issues. my s7 edge NOW has mindblowing battery
for the NFC issue, i ended up factory ressetting it and everything is resolved. I need to take it slower with all the customization for my first android experience. I'm pretty sure i broke things with clean master, package disabler, and greenify.

Vaulty is a good app. U could just create a separate user account for your personal stuff. Android authority has a recent video on how to make your phone secure.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow