Can my Lenovo Yoga 10 B8000F Tablet have later Android than Kitkat 4.4.2?

tedzwedz

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
As above really, my mum has the above tablet which is quite stylish, it would be great to have a more modern operating system!? We have limited technical knowledge!

I gather it has :-

powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek processor. It comes with 1GB of RAM. . Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS.

Best Edward

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_yoga_tablet_10-5836.php
I wouldn't get your hopes up that you'll be able to readily upgrade that tablet model to a newer version of Android.
If the manufacturer doesn't provide any upgrades, for a typical consumer to manually upgrade from an installed version to a newer one is going to require a lot familiarity with the Android operating system and a good amount of tech savvy skills.
You're also going to encounter issues trying to install a version of Android that requires a specified minimal hardware configuration so that tablet model has both software and hardware limitations. Even if you could just push a button and upgrade it to a newer Android version, your Mom wouldn't be happy with the results -- at that point there would be a lack of responsiveness and frequent performance problems.

Instead of focusing on upgrading the firmware for that tablet, is upgrading to a newer tablet an option? A lot of people gripe about 'forced obsolescence' with all our gadgets but that model goes back to 2013, and there has a been any number of advances in technology since then.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Buy a new one, and keep the older Yoga tablet around as a secondary. Does your Mom do a lot of stuff through social media, online banking, or other similar online tasks? One thing to be wary of is a dated, unsupported mobile device will have added security and privacy weaknesses. Apps and especially web browser apps need to be running with current versions, they're the direct link to online servers and such. An outdated operating system is an issue too as there can be online interactions in the background. Staying safe using a fully updated device is dangerous enough these days, it only gets worse with all our old gadgetry.