Can someone please help, cleanmaster started to fix a problem but it isn't and I can't back out of it?

bubbaboohoo

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
can someone please help cleanmaster started to fix a problem but it inst and i cant back out of it

cleanmaster had detected a problem and attempted to clean it but it is still at the fixing problems page and it is not doing anything and i cant close out of it or turn my phone off please help

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: can someone please help cleanmaster started to fix a problem but it inst and i cant back out of

I would report that problem to the CM developers. You can find their email address in the Play Store.

Have you tried "force stop" in settings - apps - Clean Master? What happens when you try to switch your phone off? Have you already tried holding the power button for 10 seconds?

If you manage to fix that problem I'd recommend you to uninstall CM as soon as possible to avoid the same problem in the future.

bubbaboohoo

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: can someone please help cleanmaster started to fix a problem but it inst and i cant back out of

Thank you for the advise i have reported the problem but sadly all the things you have suggested don't work, i can't even get to the settings because i can't leave the fixing problems page and i can't turn the power off even after holding the button down for 10 seconds. Thanks again for the advise but i think i'll just wait for my battery to die out.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Anything in the following extract which might help ?:-
The easiest way to force-quit apps on Android is from the recent app switcher, too. Tap the multitasking button to open the list of recently accessed apps. On some devices, you may need to long-press the Home button or perform a different action if there’s no recent apps button.
Touch one of the apps thumbnails or cards in the list and swipe it to the left or right, moving it off the screen. The app will be closed and will open from a clean state the next time you access it.
As with on iOS, this isn’t something you should do unless you really have a reason to. You should generally let Android manage processes on its own — it’s the same reason why you shouldn’t use an automatic task killer.
How to Force-Quit an Application on Any Smartphone, Computer, or Tablet

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Apps like Clean Master can actually do more harm than good and are generally not recommended. I'd personally suggest you flat uninstall it and don't bother with it. Chances are the "problem" it's trying to fix isn't a problem at all. Even if it is a legit problem, there's likely a better way to deal with it.

What is CM saying is a problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Clean Master actually causes a problem. The whole idea - "cleaning RAM" is the opposite of what Android is supposed to do. It's a great app for Windows (but the Android version doesn't run on Windows) but why it was written for Android makes no sense software-wise. (I won't go into why free apps make sense to develop.)

This is what one of the people who actually writes Android code says about "cleaning RAM": Multitasking the Android Way. If she doesn't know, no one does.

Knd2018

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes do a battery pull ... Which is hold pwr and volume up til it restarts .... U can also release buttons when the screen goes black and then immediately hold power and volume down to get into hboot then go into recovery if need be.... Good luck with ur problem

HTC m8 on arhd 43 using dark blue Tapatalk from jokerpoker1

Nikhil Panchal2

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Bubbahhoo
Plz help me i have got same problem in my htc820 phone plz give me tha solution to fix this issue

Anil Prajapati3

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site

Apps like Clean Master can actually do more harm than good and are generally not recommended. I'd personally suggest you flat uninstall it and don't bother with it. Chances are the "problem" it's trying to fix isn't a problem at all. Even if it is a legit problem, there's likely a better way to deal with it.

What is CM saying is a problem?

It is actually a Bad App. It pops up and does **** just to show ads
My Phone also got hanged and that is really annoying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy