Can this be done...create a pic folder??

jadk92

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I don't know if this can be done or not, but if it can....I need to know how.

Is there anyway to select certain pictures to place in a folder, then place the folder on your homescreen?

I work with a special needs child and we use pictures to help him know what is next in his schedule. He LOVES playing educational games on my phone, so I thought if I put his scheduled pictures in a folder it would keep his attention.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I don't know if this can be done or not, but if it can....I need to know how.

Is there anyway to select certain pictures to place in a folder, then place the folder on your homescreen?

I work with a special needs child and we use pictures to help him know what is next in his schedule. He LOVES playing educational games on my phone, so I thought if I put his scheduled pictures in a folder it would keep his attention.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not sure if this is exactly what you're shooting for, but I use a widget called Turtle Photoframe. You select a source folder and how many seconds before it automatically cycles to the next picture (I set it to "0" so I can manually change the picture, this would probably be best for your purpose). The only downside would be that you'd have this widget taking up a significant portion of your homescreen to do it.

Let me know what you think, if it doesn't work out I'll look into other stuff.

Reactions: jadk92

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Use a file manager like Astro...found in the market(free). Create a new folder in the app on your SD Card and add the pics you want to go in there. Then from your homescreen...long press for the add shortcut menu....select Astro....and the folder you want.....it will place the selected folder onto your homescreen as a shortcut.

You can also create the folder and move the files around on your computer if its easier for you. Plug your phone into the computer....Access the SD card and make a new folder and move the pics to it. Then from your phone set up the shortcut as mentioned above.

PsychicRefugee

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Use a file manager like Astro...found in the market(free). Create a new folder in the app on your SD Card and add the pics you want to go in there. Then from your homescreen...long press for the add shortcut menu....select Astro....and the folder you want.....it will place the selected folder onto your homescreen as a shortcut.

You can also create the folder and move the files around on your computer if its easier for you. Plug your phone into the computer....Access the SD card and make a new folder and move the pics to it. Then from your phone set up the shortcut as mentioned above.

Good call, much simpler than my method.

jadk92

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Using an app called QuickPic, I created a folder for the pictures I wanted to use and am using the turtle photoframe PsychicRefugee suggested to display them. Workes perfectly!!!! I just added another homescreen using LauncherPro and my little guy has his own photo-refrence page! You guys are great! Thanks again!