Can you create hidden pics/vid folders on this phone?

theboldest

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
So I just got the phone last week from a blackberry and have stuff that is now more visible on the HTC where it was never before (highlight reels and gallery views)

is there a way to create a hidden folder and hide pics and videos on this phone? or on droids in general?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Virgin, Can you create hidden pics/vid folders on this phone?

Absolutely. Go into your gallery app and there is a three dot drop down menu on the top right of the screen. The second option is show/hide albums. There you go and welcome to Android!

Posted via Android Central App

theboldest

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

so then all you have to do is hide/unhide when you want to get back in?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Yup

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

That hides the album itself, if you switch the view from album to 'All' then all your pictures still show. UNLESS this was changed in kit kat to truly hide those inappropriate photos ? Lol

yboycn

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

There are some third-party apps that do exactly what you wanted. Check out PrivShot in Google Play.

grewe02

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
How about folders that I create? When I ish my phone to my computer, I have a slew of folders that I have created. When I go back to the phone, I only see timeline and all pictures. Under albums, I do not see any of my folders. Only the albums created by the phone and apps.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use a file explorer to create a new folder with a "." (period) in front of the folder name, which has the same effect as hiding folders in Windows. That would stop most apps from displaying those folders, plus any sub folders and contents by default. Some apps allow you the option of showing those folders, but the gallery doesn't have that option. You'd have to use a file explorer app that lets you see hidden folders and manually browse to the folders you want.

Akhila Veeravalli

May 25, 2016
Visit site

Absolutely. Go into your gallery app and there is a three dot drop down menu on the top right of the screen. The second option is show/hide albums. There you go and welcome to Android!

I don't get that drop down menu with those options.. Could you tell me how to hide pictures on Moto E!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23