Cant connect as USB debugging

Kirk Johnson2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi group, i activated and opened the developer menu, checked usb debugging, and managed to get the ADB interface driver to install on the computer. When i plug in the usb cable though, it wont connect via usb debugging, it only connects via the installer, camera, or media. At first i used the mobile stream driver, then i tried the samsung drivers. They all installed correctly but still i cant get debug to activate when i plug in the usb. Is verizon blocking this somehow?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Whos and expert at connecting debugging?

Hi group, i opened the developer menu, check usb debugging, and managed to get the ADB interface driver to install on the computer. When i plug in the usb cable though, it wont connect via usb debugging, it only connects via the installer, camera, or media. I am using the easytether pro driver. Should i download the samsung version instead? i will try that now its the only other thing i can think of. Help is appreciated!

Welcome to the forums.
What are you trying to do?

Kirk Johnson2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Trying to tether using easy tether pro or foxfi. When i plug in the usb cable, it always says connecting as installer, or i can choose from camera or media. The debugging box is checked but doesnt seem to matter.......

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Trying to tether using easy tether pro or foxfi. When i plug in the usb cable, it always says connecting as installer, or i can choose from camera or media. The debugging box is checked but doesnt seem to matter.......

It is probably a limitation by the OS as opposed to a setting.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When connected go to settings, tethering/networks, tethering, then see if you can check the box for mobile broadband connect. I haven't done this but I imagine this is how it's done. As long as you have a tethering plan.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app