Can't connect Yahoo Mail to Android apps?

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
(won't let me edit subject line. That should of course be TO Android apps!)

Any ideas? I had to reset my Yahoo mail password, and now it won't let me reconnect so I can access it in Outlook or BlueMail on my phone (running Android 9). I follow the instructions in Yahoo to generate an app password, but it just doesn't WORK - I've tried countless times. Any ideas?

Last edited:

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yup. As stated above, those are the directions I'm following, it just doesn't work. Doesn't matter if I use the "real" password or the generated one, it never authenticates to finish adding the account.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I had to reconnect my AquaMail app to Yahoo last month. I figured it would need the special 3rd-party password nonsense, but it was happy with my normal Yahoo login.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I had to reconnect my AquaMail app to Yahoo last month. I figured it would need the special 3rd-party password nonsense, but it was happy with my normal Yahoo login.
Now that's interesting. Neither Outlook nor BlueMail will work with it; I wonder what's different?

I'm forced into using Outlook for work and liked having both accounts right there - I tend to miss stuff when I'm using two programs. Bleah.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Curiouser and curiouser: I realized I'd lost calendar features by deleting BlueMail, so reinstalled it. Yahoo connected perfectly with the normal password, first time out. No pro lem at all. I'm guessing they're changing things behind the scenes. Still can't get it to work with Outlook, but anything is better than using their own app!

Updated to add: two days later, it let me reinstall Outlook. Conclusion: a glitch at Yahoo.

Last edited: