Can't switch to android at the moment, what the best options?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I find that Android works well too but not always as easily and PREDICTABLY well as iOS. I like both and as I get bored with one I use the other. There's no prize for loyalty.

CM on OgPro

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I find that Android works well too but not always as easily and PREDICTABLY well as iOS. I like both and as I get bored with one I use the other. There's no prize for loyalty.

CM on OgPro

Nothing unpredictable happens on my Nexus 5. :confused:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is absolutely wrong. It's been attested to by people who've used both that exactly the opposite of what you've stated is the truth. The Nexus 5 is the better phone, and yes, at half the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 via Tapatalk 2
Try The Thank You Button, Thank You!

I get you like the nexus, really, and I do too, but you are coming across as being rather fan- boyish with your blind convictions as to its superiority. You only need to pick up both phones to see which is the premium product. The iPhone has a superior aperture, better light sensitivity on its camera and takes shots quicker, which is really important to capture those moments. It has a 64 bit OS, which I will admit doesn't mean much right now but it will. And it is a beautifully put together bit of kit. Because of the way iOS is a walled garden, the finger print reader is a really useful addition (unlike the HTC max one). Apple are still playing catch up in some areas, but for anyone other than tech nerds it is an awesome phone.

Look, I don't even own an iPhone any more, I have an HTC one, but looking at the phones with a balanced eye I would have to say that the iPhone looks the more premium product. Although the nexus is a brilliant phone, no doubt.I would be happy to have one if I didn't love my HTC one so much. Performance wise it's pretty much unbeatable in most areas. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I like the iPhone in that there is really something to be said for simplicity. It remains elegantly simple and I see the attraction of that. I've spent some effort to turn my Android phones into the customized weapons of choice they are. ...and I enjoy them for that but I am no hater of the 5s' elegant simplistic lightweight nature that just works well without needing to be customized to do so. That is the attraction of iOS that Android doesn't necessarily match IMO.

CM on OgPro

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who has iOS and won't stop persisting its better than Android, then one simple question:
Why?
Don't start talking about how it's more stable, more scure, more nonsense. Tell me facts which make it clear iOS is better then Android. Have some facts: Android screens are bigger and though more comfortable to handle, as any user who switched from iOS to Android will testify, and which makes transition from Android to iOS more difficult. More facts- Android has much more selection, vs. iOS which just hit a record year with 2(!!!) devices being released (5c,s).
Now I gave you two facts which will give the lead to Android. Let's see what facts you have, and I repeat facts not nonsense, as I predict you will output.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who has iOS and won't stop persisting its better than Android, then one simple question:
Why?
Don't start talking about how it's more stable, more scure, more nonsense. Tell me facts which make it clear iOS is better then Android. Have some facts: Android screens are bigger and though more comfortable to handle, as any user who switched from iOS to Android will testify, and which makes transition from Android to iOS more difficult. More facts- Android has much more selection, vs. iOS which just hit a record year with 2(!!!) devices being released (5c,s).
Now I gave you two facts which will give the lead to Android. Let's see what facts you have, and I repeat facts not nonsense, as I predict you will output.

It is not important. Really.

Some like iOS' simplicity and the hardware design of their handsets and some prefer the choices and tinkering we must do with Android. Better? With iOS you know precisely what the experience will be. With Android the experience will be what you make it. I cannot imagine being satisfied with Android leaving it as is, naked stock, out-the-box. It requires massaging and bending into submission...for me anyways. That difference appeals to different people for different reasons. There is no Better...there is only Different.

Yes, yes...IMO.

CM on OgPro

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I like the iPhone in that there is really something to be said for simplicity. It remains elegantly simple and I see the attraction of that. I've spent some effort to turn my Android phones into the customized weapons of choice they are. ...and I enjoy them for that but I am no hater of the 5s' elegant simplistic lightweight nature that just works well without needing to be customized to do so. That is the attraction of iOS that Android doesn't necessarily match IMO.

CM on OgPro

My Nexus 5 is elegant, simple, and lightweight. Oh, and it doesnt look like it was designed by Fisher, Price although the icons may almost have been (but i can use a launcher if I *choose*).

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Most iPhone users divide into three groups:
1) makes up most of them- never tried an Android device.
2) makes up some of them- tried for a very short while and decided it's too complicated without even looking into it.
3) even smaller group- tried a bad Android device for a while and decided based on that mid/low-end device Android is bad.
Then there is that rare group that tried a good handset and doesn't like it, but that makes up maybe 5%.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Most iPhone users divide into three groups:
1) makes up most of them- never tried an Android device.
2) makes up some of them- tried for a very short while and decided it's too complicated without even looking into it.
3) even smaller group- tried a bad Android device for a while and decided based on that mid/low-end device Android is bad.
Then there is that rare group that tried a good handset and doesn't like it, but that makes up maybe 5%.

They seem to be either timid thinkers, or just unfortunately stupid.

Edit: I like everything BUT iphones. Windows phone, fine. BB, fine. Firefox, Ubuntu, Tizen, Android, all fine. MIUI, fine.
It's that glazed drone, "it just works...", you wanna slap them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 is elegant, simple, and lightweight. Oh, and it doesnt look like it was designed by Fisher, Price although the icons may almost have been (but i can use a launcher if I *choose*).

Well you've mumbled your Nexus 5 into being something special. The iPhone 5c you speak of (Fisher Price) is certainly no high point in Apple's product line-up.

CM on OgPro

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
They seem to be either timid thinkers, or just unfortunately stupid.

Edit: I like everything BUT iphones. Windows phone, fine. BB, fine. Firefox, Ubuntu, Tizen, Android, all fine. MIUI, fine.
It's that glazed drone, "it just works...", you wanna slap them.

I totally agree with you. I have a friend in my class who has an iPhone 5s and I'm very sorry but it just looks bad. It's very smal, that silver button thing is ugly, and mainly, it's just small, and the operating system, *gasp* is rather uncomfortable.
The thing I heard from most of my Android converts is that now whenever they try an Apple device they go crazy without the back button, and with the small screen. But of course that friend won't even hear of switching... if there was once an American idi*t, iOS idi*t takes him by a mile.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
But there are the Me ...those that can clearly see the strengths of both and can happily use either or both concurrently. Do I prefer the smaller iPhone screens? Well...no. ...but there are iPad Minis and Airs when bigger is better. ...or I can continue to flip Android phones and try custom ROMs. I like to keep up on both, to me, that's the most fun.

CM on OgPro

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well you've mumbled your Nexus 5 into being something special. The iPhone 5c you speak of (Fisher Price) is certainly no high point in Apple's product line-up.

CM on OgPro

I wasnt speaking of the 5c. For teenagers they're kind of cute. If you're over 21 though, with one...

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
But there are the Me ...those that can clearly see the strengths of both and can happily use either or both concurrently. Do I prefer the smaller iPhone screens? Well...no. ...but there are iPad Minis and Airs when bigger is better. ...or I can continue to flip Android phones and try custom ROMs. I like to keep up on both, to me, that's the most fun.

CM on OgPro

But this conversation is based solely on smartphones. Give me one good reason to even keep up with an iPhone.

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
It's not the cost.

Definitely not.
Personally, I find it amazing how Apple fans eat what Apple feeds them. I mean, they sold them an iPhone 5 in plastic wrapping, called it 5c for only 100$ less (still more then the amazing G2), and they loved it!
There is just no reason to buy anything Apple. From the outrageous prices, to the conditions in which their workers work, to the phone itself which is comparable to the Galaxy S3 but the G2, S4 don't see it from a mile... Sorry AFBs, but your company isn't innovating for the past 4 years, just selling you the same thing with one new gimmick, in this case fingerprints... But of course each time they say it's twice faster. By this calculation 5S is 32x faster then 3. So if 5S is 1.4 Ghz, then was 0.04 Ghz?.... A company of liars.