Can't Uninstall file manager

kchtwd09

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried to download a third party app but a different apk downloaded instead and installed because I wasn't paying attention to the name of the app on the screen when i tapped install. So now i have an app called file manager and my phone will not let me Uninstall it. When i go to the application manager its listed but the Uninstall button is grayed out and will not let me even clear default or data. File manager is not even listed in my app drawer. I try to Uninstall it from sandisk memory app but it says i cannot Uninstall it because it's a device administrator. So i go into device administrator but file manager is not listed. I've uploaded pictures to help diagnose this issue. uploadfromtaptalk1434159580409.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434159597112.jpgDoes anybody know whats going on and how to fix this? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Has that "Android Settings" always been there in the Device Adminisrators? I've never seen that in any of my devices. Try unchecking that, then try uninstalling the File Manager app again.

Can't believe they used Lloyd on their app icon.:-\

Nikhil Malik

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
i am also facing exactly the same issue. please help guys.? if I try to uncheck the android settings it just would not allow. As soon as I click it it opens S voice for me.

kchtwd09

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
i am also facing exactly the same issue. please help guys.? if I try to uncheck the android settings it just would not allow. As soon as I click it it opens S voice for me.
Mine was doing the same thing. My husband installed root uninstaller and deleted the app. Its back to normal.

Tiger is back

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi friends
I have same problem, i install "root uninstaller" but its not working.
My device is xolo q1010i v4.4
Plz help me
My phone is now working good after installed file manager

Themya47

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Could someone please help me? It won't let me uncheck it as an administrator and i even installed the root uninstaller app

How did you husband do it? Could you please tell me

Last edited by a moderator:

Juan Casas 098

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Has that "Android Settings" always been there in the Device Adminisrators? I've never seen that in any of my devices. Try unchecking that, then try uninstalling the File Manager app again.

Can't believe they used Lloyd on their app icon.:-\

PLEASE help me it has the same thing and it won't let me uninstall it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be best to do a factory reset:

1. Make sure all of your important data is backed up or synced.
2. Go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck Automatically Restore.
3. Now do the factory data reset.
4. After the reset is done, go through the Setup Wizard, then immediately go to Google Play Store and stop any app that might be automatically installing.
5. Now start installing apps one by one, and look to see if that File Manager app installs with any of them.

Jeffrey You

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Plzz help us i have the same problem 😢

To fix this NO RESET required! NO ROOT REQUIRED

1. Open settings
2. Go to "Backup and rest" (In the settings app)
3. Uncheck the "Automatic Restore" and the "Backup my data"
4. Go to "Security" (In the settings app)
5. Go to "Device Administrators (In the settings app which is in the security tab that you opened earlier)
6. Find "Android Settings" and Uncheck it. (The android settings is the file manager)
7. Go to "application manager" the open the "Downloaded" tab. (In the settings app)
8. Lastly scroll down and find an app called "File manager" with an Android on it. Open and uninstall.
9. You may turn on "Automatic Restore" and "Backup my data".

No more adware. I hope this worked... It worked for me.

cynfulto

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
It didn't work for me on droid turbo. Any more suggestions? They'd be greatly appreciated. I've got several things going on with my phone right now and at a loss.... TY.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blu the Butcher

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
To fix this NO RESET required! NO ROOT REQUIRED

1. Open settings
2. Go to "Backup and rest" (In the settings app)
3. Uncheck the "Automatic Restore" and the "Backup my data"
4. Go to "Security" (In the settings app)
5. Go to "Device Administrators (In the settings app which is in the security tab that you opened earlier)
6. Find "Android Settings" and Uncheck it. (The android settings is the file manager)
7. Go to "application manager" the open the "Downloaded" tab. (In the settings app)
8. Lastly scroll down and find an app called "File manager" with an Android on it. Open and uninstall.
9. You may turn on "Automatic Restore" and "Backup my data".

No more adware. I hope this worked... It worked for me.

Thanks heaps Jeff. Got rid of the ******* app.

Note: for this to work on my s4 I had to force stop all apps, clear ram. And complete process in under 30seconds as the rouge app will start up again and make it impossible to remove the administration rights to uninstall

Gschico

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I tried what you said but when i click to deactivate the Android Settings it takes me right back to the security settings page. Please help asap. I am literally pulling my hair out because of this and don't wanna have to reset my device.

macho321

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I tried what you said but when i click to deactivate the Android Settings it takes me right back to the security settings page. Please help asap. I am literally pulling my hair out because of this and don't wanna have to reset my device.

Ok you have to install root jninstaller.
1. Go to Settings- Apps- App. Manager- Running tab- File Manager- Stop.
2. Settings- Security- Device Administrator- Android Settings - Deactivate.
3. Open Root uninstaller- 3rd Apps- File Manager- Uninstall.
This worked for me.
Hope this work for you!☺
Also where i got the info said to turn off wifi. I also turned off data.

Kavya Nagaraj

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Try the app 'Appmgr lll'...works for unrooted devices....N uninstall the file manager
May not work initially but try try N try N finally it works...dats wat happened with me....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank