Can't Update Apps.

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello, does anybody have any trouble updating apps in the play store when prompted to do so, I'm receiving an error message stating can't update due to server error. personally I think when I downloaded this piece of garbage 4.3 DL it messed up my phone. Anybody have a solution to this dilemma. Thanks for your time.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've found the play store to be incredibly slow lately, but haven't seen that error. My first suggestion is to go into the application manager and clear data for the play store, then open the app and try again. If that doesn't work, go into settings, delete the google account associated with your phone, and then re-add it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I often get a 'no connection' error when opening the app and have to press the Retry button several times, but no issue actually updating apps once I get to them.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well Ive tried everything meyerweb suggested, I'm going to bite the bullit and wait till October and get away from Sprint and the android scene and move to an Apple iPhone.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
October is a long ways away. You should at least do a Factory Reset, particularly if you didn't do one after the 4.3 update. Also wipe the system cache in Recovery mode.

And don't reload all of your apps right away - install them in small groups and keep an eye on this behavior in case some app is causing your problem.

Speaking of which, try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and see if the problem persists; if it doesn't, some 3rd party app is causing your issue.

Also, does this happen on both Wi-Fi and Mobile data?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
October is a long ways away. You should at least do a Factory Reset, particularly if you didn't do one after the 4.3 update. Also wipe the system cache in Recovery mode.

And don't reload all of your apps right away - install them in small groups and keep an eye on this behavior in case some app is causing your problem.

Speaking of which, try booting into Safe mode Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III and see if the problem persists; if it doesn't, some 3rd party app is causing your issue.

Also, does this happen on both Wi-Fi and Mobile data?

Thanks for your reply, I ended up deleting my google gmail account and re applied the same account and the apps ended up updating like normal. Thanks for your input.