Can't update or download apps

HangryAf

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys, new user here
Since yesterday I realized I couldn't play music on my phone anymore and couldn't download any apps. It wont load anything or update anything. My wifi is fine I presume since all other apps work fine.

I've done basically everything to clearing cache and data, rebooting, tempering with mobile data (not a tech person)...
Uninstalled Google play store from setting and now it won't reinstall. It's stuck completing setup since this morning....

Help. Idk what do. I'm stupid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-204405_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-204405_One UI Home.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?

Don't call yourself stupid. There are lots of obscure things that can happen with any smartphone, and no one should be expected to understand all of them.:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC forums!
You tried on data to download?
Have you tried forced stop Google play and try again?
Hey guys, new user here
Since yesterday I realized I couldn't play music on my phone anymore and couldn't download any apps. It wont load anything or update anything. My wifi is fine I presume since all other apps work fine.

I've done basically everything to clearing cache and data, rebooting, tempering with mobile data (not a tech person)...
Uninstalled Google play store from setting and now it won't reinstall. It's stuck completing setup since this morning....

Help. Idk what do. I'm stupid.

HangryAf

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
I have tried force stop. It didnt work unfortunately.
Downloading through data should work idk. It's when using my home wifi that everything I mentioned occurs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, select the Play Store, and clear its app cache/data again. Also, in Settings>App, tap Menu>Show System and select Download Manager, and clear its app cache/data. Now see if it works.

HangryAf

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
Yes. I believe only through my wifi. All other apps like youtube, social media, and games are still working smoothly. It's just the Google service wont allow me to download or update anything, if that makes sense.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I've tried clearing data and cache still hasn't change my problem.
I'll give you 2 other options to try if they don't work most likely your router.

Reset network in phone settings
Reset app preference in phone settings
Let me know how that goes

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Forget the Wi-Fi network from the phone. Clear the cache partition and reboot. Rescan for available networks. Join yours. Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid