Car Bluetooth Call Volume Locked at 50%

nyyanksfan20

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that when I'm in the car the call volume is very low. I tried to increase the volume on the phone but the call volume is locked at 50%. I am able to change the media volume, just not the call volume.

I came from the Note 8 and never had this issue before in the car while connected to Android Auto. Even when not connected to Android Auto the call volume is still locked at 50%. When I use other Bluetooth devices like the Galaxy Live the volume is not locked.

Does anybody know how to disable this from locking when I am in the car?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, couple areas to check
1. Device care >open 3 dots upper right corner tap >advanced tap>optimize setting not on ?

2. Setting>sounds tap>volume tap> 3 dots tap >media volume not on ?

3. Power saving mode >not medium or adaptive

4. Bixby routine not set for specific actionScreenshot_20200906-141720_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20200906-141549_Device%20care.jpeg

nyyanksfan20

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. I tried all of these but I am still seeing the same issue.

I have noticed it appears to be Android Auto related as when I call while not connected with Android Auto is comes in loud and normal but when I call while connected to Android Auto it is very soft. In either case the bluetooth call volume is locked and the media volume is normal/loud in both cases and can be adjusted.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't use Android auto just Bluetooth connection to my car and haven't had any issues. I own three cars and it's always different how well my devices connect and perform better on a stock then a aftermarket radio.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have noticed it appears to be Android Auto related as when I call while not connected with Android Auto is comes in loud and normal but when I call while connected to Android Auto it is very soft. In either case the bluetooth call volume is locked and the media volume is normal/loud in both cases and can be adjusted.
See if you can uninstall the update to AA if not check it's settings.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if your car radio works the same way, but here's what worked for me when I had the same situation using Android Auto on my aftermarket Kenwood radio. After turning up the bluetooth volume on my phone to max, and while in a call in Android Auto, I turned up the radio's volume to a comfortable call level. I had been reluctant to do that because I thought it would cause the podcast I was listening to (also via Android Auto) to be EXTREMELY loud when the call ended. That did not turn out to be the case. Increasing the radio's volume while in the call did not affect the podcast volume after I hung up the call. So at least for my Kenwood, it appears to allow independent volume settings for phone calls vs. other audio sources.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Exactly what I needed to know on the Kenwood head unit. I have the BT778HD on a motorcycle and was worried about volume on calls vs stereo. Thank you. :)