Change default audio/microphone input?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is it possible to make a bluetooth headset with microphone the default microphone on these devices? I want to make my Rand McNally bluetooth headset my primary or default microphone input. Is this possible & how?

I'm trying to host a party chat on the Xbox Live app with a few of my friends while I am out on the road driving truck. My phone will allow the audio to come across the headset as earphones but uses the phone's factory microphone as the input. This isn't very practical or "hands free".

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you check the BT settings on your phone, how does the headset appear? If it shows only a 'Media' profile, then mic input is not being recognized from the headset (you may need additional software/drivers for it to work as such). If it shows as a 'Headset' or 'Phone' profile, then mic input should be recognized by most apps. HOWEVER, the particular app you're using may NOT allow this to be properly routed (one example is the Blink camera app from Amazon; it always routes camera audio through the phone speakers even if you have a BT device connected and this cannot be changed in their settings).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201