charger for the droid turbo?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
does this phone come with a "special" charger to take advantage of the fast charging speeds or will my existing micro USB chargers from my droid maxx do the same as the original one that comes with the droid turbo?

thanks

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply back.

i like to have extra chargers so i will have to pick up the turbo charger as opposed to the ones i currently have for the droid maxx.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
As you probably have figured out, most microUSB ac or car chargers will charge the Turbo... but if you want the Rapid charging, like #jjjones said, you will need buy the Droid Turbo charger.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i would like to buy an extra charger but they are expensive.

$35 on the motorola website.

ebay doesn't even really sell them.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
With the battery life of the Turbo and the rapid charger on hand, in my opinion...a spare rapid charger is a waste of your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
With as long as the battery lasts I only actually charge every other night. But I use a regular USB charger. It still shuts off after topping off just like the turbo charger. I don't think it really matters. And 35.00 for a backup is too steep.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
With as long as the battery lasts I only actually charge every other night. But I use a regular USB charger. It still shuts off after topping off just like the turbo charger. I don't think it really matters. And 35.00 for a backup is too steep.

good point.

$35 for any charger is just too much.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

i like to have extra chargers so i will have to pick up the turbo charger as opposed to the ones i currently have for the droid maxx.
Good news, you don't need a Motorola Turbo Charger to Turbo Charge your phone. I picked this one up from eBay for $23, and it's down to $19 now. I use it at work when needed, and I like it better than the Motoroa brand, Definitely more portable, and easier to carry in your brief case.

Tenergy Turbo USB Universal Charger with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2 0 Technology | eBay
TurboCharger.JPG

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Good news, you don't need a Motorola Turbo Charger to Turbo Charge your phone. I picked this one up from eBay for $23, and it's down to $19 now. I use it at work when needed, and I like it better than the Motoroa brand, Definitely more portable, and easier to carry in your brief case.

Tenergy Turbo USB Universal Charger with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2 0 Technology | eBay
View attachment 161402

i heard the cord is pretty short for the oem one. how is this cord?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

i heard the cord is pretty short for the oem one. how is this cord?
Honestly, I don't even remember if it came with a cord. It just takes a standard USB cable, so the world is your oyster on cord length; if you want a long one, buy a long one, or scrounge one from you collection if you're like me and have about a half million. SOME USB cables won't carry the "Turbo" current. I don't know why that is, but most of the ones I have used will. You'll know when you plug it in; the phone displays a message "Turbo charger detected" (or similar). Best of luck to you.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 161402

i just received the tenergy charger that you recommended from ebay.

thank you for the recommendation.

IrekJanek

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
What you need to check is the amperage rating on your charger. For the fastest charging it would have amperage rating at 3A. Quick Charge 2.0 specs are 5V (standard USB), 9V and 12V and amperage rating up to 3A. The bottom line: You can use the charger but the speed will depend on the output rating of the old charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene