chrome not responding

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything including clearing system cache but I am still getting message error that chrome is not responding. It keeps freezing up and it's quite annoying. Anyone else have this happen? it seems to be since last update of chrome but I don't know how to go back. When it freezes it is even hard to close all apps to clear it until the not responding error pops up. Almost like the phone is freezing up as well.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything including clearing system cache but I am still getting message error that chrome is not responding. It keeps freezing up and it's quite annoying. Anyone else have this happen? it seems to be since last update of chrome but I don't know how to go back. When it freezes it is even hard to close all apps to clear it until the not responding error pops up. Almost like the phone is freezing up as well.
Close all the chrome tabs... You have 12,000 of them open? :)

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with Chrome. Just one tab open. Clicking on a link in many apps default to opening Chrome. So, I disabled Chrome and set Firefox as default. No problem with Firefox.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Why hasn't this been fixed and why do I not see more complaints? Switching browsers is a temporary fix when I use Google across the board for photos docs etc. I even went back to non updated version and tried beta version...same exact problem. I can't link to anything in chrome from gmails without it temporarily freezing my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why hasn't this been fixed and why do I not see more complaints? Switching browsers is a temporary fix when I use Google across the board for photos docs etc. I even went back to non updated version and tried beta version...same exact problem. I can't link to anything in chrome from gmails without it temporarily freezing my phone.
Might need a update , dont know all we can suggest is try some things .

Have you long press chrome tap info scroll to storage clear cache,data,forc stop it . If that doesn't help try uninstall the update maybe previous version will work just dont let play store automatically update it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just checking -- you've all cleared the app cache/data for Chrome as well? The OP mentioned clearing the system cache (which I presume means the system cache partition), but that's not the same as Chrome's own app cache/data.

Also, assuming you're all running Android 10, make sure your Android System Webview is fully up to date as well. If it already is, then try also uninstalling updates to Android System Webview, because sometimes these updates can cause problems with specific devices.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have tried all of the above...it happens if I try to access a web site through email or if I have more than one page open in browser and in news feed...I've reported to Google but I have never had this issue before last update. So I even tried uninstalling and using with out updating...still crashes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have tried all of the above...it happens if I try to access a web site through email or if I have more than one page open in browser and in news feed...I've reported to Google but I have never had this issue before last update. So I even tried uninstalling and using with out updating...still crashes.
How about Samsung internet works fine?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I did switch to Samsung browser.This is not an ideal fix as one should expect chrome to work...all things Google seem to be lacking lately...the keyboard is awful lately. And to top things off you have to jump through hoops to get your chrome bookmarks on Samsung browser as the note 10 seems to hide the Samsung cloud of you have a Verizon. It took a bit of browsing forums on laptop to get this done.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did switch to Samsung browser.This is not an ideal fix as one should expect chrome to work...all things Google seem to be lacking lately...the keyboard is awful lately. And to top things off you have to jump through hoops to get your chrome bookmarks on Samsung browser as the note 10 seems to hide the Samsung cloud of you have a Verizon. It took a bit of browsing forums on laptop to get this done.
No it wasn't Intended as fix wanted to see if you have bigger issue going on or just chrome, since you tried pretty much everything only thing have to wait see if updates to it fixes the issue. I'm not crazy either about Google keyboard either lately.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Personally I think the Chrome browser for mobile has sucked donkey balls for a long time, I have been using the Samsung browser and SwiftKey keyboard and find it perfect

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think the Chrome browser for mobile has sucked donkey balls for a long time, I have been using the Samsung browser and SwiftKey keyboard and find it perfect

I get why people like Chrome b/c it's cross platform, but I just hate it. I don't even use it on desktop.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Almost anything on Android. LOL Samsung Internet mostly. But I do keep Brave and DuckDuckGo installed to test the UI's. I use Safari for desktop since I have a Mac. In general I find Chrome to be resource heavy.
My 2 are chrome and Samsung internet

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung send to be working extremely well so it has to be something with chrome...I'm just glad I could move bookmarks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14