Clock alarm with Pandora audio issue over BT

DougStang67

Jun 7, 2022
Visit site
Not sure if this is an "Android thing," a "Google Clock thing," or a "Pandora thing," so not quite sure which category it belongs to. Since Pandora disabled the alarm feature, you now must use the alarm in the Clock app to launch Pandora, which is fine. The issue I'm having is when the phone is paired to a Bluetooth speaker. When the alarm goes off, the playback is on BOTH the BT speaker and the phone's internal speaker...with about 0.5s delay. Drives me NUTS. First noticed on my old Samsung S7, I don't remember the OS/app versions. But it's also happening on my current device

Google Pixel 6
Android 12 (with 6/2022 update)
Pandora 2204.1
Clock 7.1 (404664356)
Sony SRS-XB31 & SRS-X3

The issue didn't happen when using the alarm built in to Pandora, and "normal" play through the app is just fine. It only happens when launched via the Google Clock alarm function. Any clues as to what may be happening, and which app? My gut tells me it's in the Clock app. Could someone replicate to at least reassure me than I'm not insane?

DougStang67

Jun 7, 2022
Visit site
I think it's in the Clock app. The same thing happens when I select Spotify or YouTube Music for the alarm. Alarm time hits, it plays the channel/music selected on both internal and Bluetooth speakers, and there's a delay between the 2.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe