CM10 having LTE/CDMA issues...

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching various resources for days and can't seem to find an answer. When my phone is set to "LTE/CDMA" my 4g service doesn't work. The toggle on my status bar for LTE does nothing. However, when I set the network mode to "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" it all works. Once I turn 4g off with the toggle it reverts to LTE/CDMA.

The problem is that if I enter the phone settings using #*#*INFO#*#* there is no option to set "LTE/CDMA/EvDO" as my a preferred network. What gives? Anyone?

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Android JB 4.2.2
Base 1.12.11.1210
Kernel 3.0.78 Komodo 31 (max OC)
CyanogenMod 10.1-20130512 official

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching various resources for days and can't seem to find an answer. When my phone is set to "LTE/CDMA" my 4g service doesn't work. The toggle on my status bar for LTE does nothing. However, when I set the network mode to "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" it all works. Once I turn 4g off with the toggle it reverts to LTE/CDMA.

The problem is that if I enter the phone settings using #*#*INFO#*#* there is no option to set "LTE/CDMA/EvDO" as my a preferred network. What gives? Anyone?

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Android JB 4.2.2
Base 1.12.11.1210
Kernel 3.0.78 Komodo 31 (max OC)
CyanogenMod 10.1-20130512 official

I don't know what's specifically going wrong, but you might be able to solve it (work around it) by using Tasker to set up what amounts to a macro or profile to set the settings up correctly on a button push, etc. I know you can have tasker switch between preferred networks on wifi, but I've never tried it on those specific settings. If you do get this figured out, I definitely want to know what it was.

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same thing....didn't work. Once LTE is turned off the preferred network defaults to LTE/CDMA. To turn it back on I have to go into CM10's system settings because there's no setting for LTE/CDMA/EvDo in the phone's menu. I thought I could resolve that using Tasker, but no luck. Great idea though - great minds think alike!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same thing....didn't work. Once LTE is turned off the preferred network defaults to LTE/CDMA. To turn it back on I have to go into CM10's system settings because there's no setting for LTE/CDMA/EvDo in the phone's menu. I thought I could resolve that using Tasker, but no luck. Great idea though - great minds think alike!

Oh, okay so the .. hmm. So settings > more > mobile networks > network mode only has LTE/CDMA?

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No, on that screen I have two options - "lte/cdma" and "lte/cdma/evdo". The issue is that 4g does not work if "lte/cdma" is selected. Then, if I manually change it to "lte/cdma/evdo" it stays until I toggle it. The toggle will turn 4g off, effectively changing the preferred network back to "lte/cdma". The toggle will not turn 4g back on, nor is there the option to select "lte/cdma/evdo" in the phone's settings (accessed via the dialer). Its not that 4g doesn't work - it's just annoying and a multi step process to toggle it on and off. I'm more curious why there isn't the option in the phone's settings for "lte/cdma/evdo".

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No, on that screen I have two options - "lte/cdma" and "lte/cdma/evdo". The issue is that 4g does not work if "lte/cdma" is selected. Then, if I manually change it to "lte/cdma/evdo" it stays until I toggle it. The toggle will turn 4g off, effectively changing the preferred network back to "lte/cdma". The toggle will not turn 4g back on, nor is there the option to select "lte/cdma/evdo" in the phone's settings (accessed via the dialer). Its not that 4g doesn't work - it's just annoying and a multi step process to toggle it on and off. I'm more curious why there isn't the option in the phone's settings for "lte/cdma/evdo".

It could be something with custom radios, the kernel or a bug in the ROM. Being a Sprint phone, I'm almost positive that option worked correctly out of the box... quick question, in your area do you have LTE service or wimax or something else? Is there a difference between LTE and 4G or are they the same thing there? Also, are you toggling via mobile data or airplane mode? Does airplane do the same thing? Would that work or are you trying to be available for calls/texts, but not use data?

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It could be something with custom radios, the kernel or a bug in the ROM. Being a Sprint phone, I'm almost positive that option worked correctly out of the box... quick question, in your area do you have LTE service or wimax or something else? Is there a difference between LTE and 4G or are they the same thing there? Also, are you toggling via mobile data or airplane mode? Does airplane do the same thing? Would that work or are you trying to be available for calls/texts, but not use data?

LTE in my area......theyre the same.....toggling via mobile data, lte toggle, and airplane mode and they do the same. I think it's a CM10 issue, because any sense rom Ive run has worked fine.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
LTE in my area......theyre the same.....toggling via mobile data, lte toggle, and airplane mode and they do the same. I think it's a CM10 issue, because any sense rom Ive run has worked fine.

From reading XDA it sounds like this happened to a lot of ROMs on a lot of devices, especially on Sprint on the 4.0.x to 4.1.x upgrades and the 4.2.1 upgrades. I suspect you're right.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Haha...apparently the word But* is bleeped out. That's funny!

Yeah their filter has some really weird things it does censor and some that you think it would, but it doesn't. :) Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this, but yeah sounds like we're both thinking along pretty much the same lines. If you do get it figured out, please post the solution!

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking I may flash a Sense based ROM and edit the LTE settings there, or at the least mess around with the settings there, and then re-flash a CM10 rom. We shall see, but I really don't think that'll do any good haha

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie