CM7 Nightly Builds

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So from what I can tell there are no nightly builds yet for our beloved Fascinates.
Does anyone know if/when there will be and also where to find them?

I really do like CM7 but the issue of people not being able to hear me well is one I hope gets fixed SOON.
(If the CM7 G-ds are listening answer my prayers!)

Reactions: Brettdacosta

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So from what I can tell there are no nightly builds yet for our beloved Fascinates.
Does anyone know if/when there will be and also where to find them?

I really do like CM7 but the issue of people not being able to hear me well is one I hope gets fixed SOON.
(If the CM7 G-ds are listening answer my prayers!)

Nightlies will be posted to this sight: CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

under the device - fascinatemtd

Nightlies have not yet begin to roll out for CM7 yet, but they apparently will in the future. As far as when.... well, from what I have read on XDA, it is advised not to ask for any ETAs from Cyangenmod (everyone who asks over there tend to get flamed to death about it)

Reactions: sushiguy732

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nightlies will be posted to this sight: CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

under the device - fascinatemtd

Nightlies have not yet begin to roll out for CM7 yet, but they apparently will in the future. As far as when.... well, from what I have read on XDA, it is advised not to ask for any ETAs from Cyangenmod (everyone who asks over there tend to get flamed to death about it)

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! thanks!! I don't see the device listed yet so I'll keep checking back. Maybe this link should be posed somewhere?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that when it gets posted it will be called "fascinatedmtd". What does the MTD stand for and does anyone know when they are planning on incorporating it into the nightly?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that when it gets posted it will be called "fascinatedmtd". What does the MTD stand for and does anyone know when they are planning on incorporating it into the nightly?

MTD stands for Mobile Technology Device and is the particular partitioning system utilized by CM, MIUI, OMGB, and OMFGB since they are all AOSP based ROMs. Any of the touchwiz based ROMs use BML partitioning which stands for Block Management Layer.

No one has any clue as to when nightlys for the fascinate will start. It's up to the CM group.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
MTD stands for Mobile Technology Device and is the particular partitioning system utilized by CM, MIUI, OMGB, and OMFGB since they are all AOSP based ROMs. Any of the touchwiz based ROMs use BML partitioning which stands for Block Management Layer.

No one has any clue as to when nightlys for the fascinate will start. It's up to the CM group.

As always... Sharky has the answers I want! Thanks for the millionth time! :)

anub

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I do have the premium and it shows current 7.1.0-Fascinate-KANG-0717 which is what i already have, guess that's what's meant, not what's available. Then if I hit Check for ROM Upgrades it prompts about installing CM Recovery which already have (blue v4), right (total noob to ROM Mgr & nightlys)? So will it mess with current CWR &/or mess up?

edit: went on, it asked if I already have v2.x or 3.x, no other option, stuck? :-\

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are no CM nightlies yet for the fascinate, so checking in ROM manager will do you no good. And don't flash the recovery from rom manager either. Stick with the one that comes with CM7. You can check for nightlies here:

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

Once you see fascinatemtd listed there you should be able to download the nightly from there or from rom manager.

Reactions: anub

anub

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There are no CM nightlies yet for the fascinate, so checking in ROM manager will do you no good. And don't flash the recovery from rom manager either. Stick with the one that comes with CM7. You can check for nightlies here:

Once you see fascinatemtd listed there you should be able to download the nightly from there or from rom manager.
Thanks. So when they show up just dl, put on card & flash w/CWR4 (usual wipes? nandroid b4 of course?).

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Ok.. so I am an idiot.... (am I allowed to flame myself without getting in trouble?).....

As per one of the posts, I thought there was a nightly via ROM manager so I went through the steps and wound up flashing the 3.x recovery..... I then realized what I had was 4.x and I was worried. I rebooted and looked to see what I had and THANKFULLY I still have 4.0.1.0. Whew!

Looking forward to a I love CM7 and it is working flawlessly for with the exception of the voice issue. Can't wait for a fix!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02