CM7 Nightly Builds

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't fly like glitch does but it is pretty stable and fixes the low call volume.

Hey Sushi how is 5?

Sent from my CM7 Fascinate using Tapatalk
Hey JTI...

I REALLY liked Glitch LL but I do need to make phone calls so it looks like I am here for now. I hope that CM7 fixes the issue so I can go back to Glitch. BTW... When my volume is up too high it echos like crazy and I am not sure my wired headset works. Is this the kernel or CM7?

5 is ok so far but I have not given it a real chance yet so I don't want to pass judgement.
Are you using it too? If so what are your thoughts?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
jti-
when i used the imnuts kernel i found that my bluetooth stopped working, couldnt use speakerphone and generally made the phone sluggish. did u have any of the same probs?

I had a lot of the same issues too. a new build came out last night (6.zip) and now people can hear me well on the other end. I have not tested anything else out yet (I do need to get to work soon) but I know it uses the CM7 kernel and now my phone is snappy again.

anub

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe should be new thread but thought I saw it somewhere, now can't find so maybe this is best place to post....

May have been there from CM7 start but only occurred after ~ a week on original CM7: un-aswerable, unstoppable "phantom" rings (display does not light, turn on: no call shows, hitting phone icon, etc. no help). Had to reboot to stop it at 1st. In at least one case found it was a real call from a contact that was double-entered, merging those seemed to fix calls from that #. Later (at CM7.5, don't know if related) found that turning on and starting a "fake" outgoing call (hit "1" on dial pad and send) would stop it. Updating radio from EC01 to EC09 no help with this though reception and GPS seem better.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I've moved over to Vanilla for now. I may return when there is a release candidate with great performance AND good call volume. This looks like it's going to be a great thread for keeping up with how the nightlies are going. Keep it up guys:)

Reactions: nycdoc

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a lot of the same issues too. a new build came out last night (6.zip) and now people can hear me well on the other end. I have not tested anything else out yet (I do need to get to work soon) but I know it uses the CM7 kernel and now my phone is snappy again.
where can i find that build

anub

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
k, so even after updating radio from ec01 to ec09 still getting "unanswerable rings that require reboot or fake call to stop". getting ready to try nightly .7 but not hopeful. and BTW tried *228 option 1 "program phone" which fails, big surprise.

so if no luck guess time to bite bullet and go back to stock then edge back up with good nandroid bups all the way....

edit: k, froot loops now. odin here i come.

edit 2: k, back to stock 2.2.2. sittin til stable, well debugged cm7 or other gb available. daily driver gotta work. l8r.

Last edited:

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok I came back... Couldn't stay away :)

Anyone else having wifi issues on build 8?

::Edit:: Oddly enough after I flashed gapps in CWM my wifi began working... ::Edit::

Last edited:

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back JTI.... I went to Vanilla for a moment and was back in a flash....

you mention 9... I only see 8.... Typo or do you get your stuff hot? :)
Typo, fixed it. Yeah Vanilla GB caused my 3g radio to turn off randomly so I came back. I can live without signal strength bars. There's nothing I can do about how strong my signal is either way so why do I need to see them?!?:D

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can live without signal strength bars. There's nothing I can do about how strong my signal is either way so why do I need to see them?!?:D

Agreed!

I was also getting a LOT of FCs on Vanilla. Now my only issue with CM7 is I STILL don't have the low call volume resolved and the other kernel you mentioned to me made my phone DRAAAAAG.... I like the Glitch kernel so I will flash that one again one of these days.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
There have been murmurs over at XDA about a few different forum members taking the glitch source and applying the call volume fix but I am not sure when that will happen or when Times_Infinity will do it himself. Patience is key I guess.

I have to use a kernel with the call vol. fix because my wife about divorced me the other day because I told her to call me back in 5 minutes so I could switch kernels for her to hear me. :p