CM7 Nightly Builds

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im on 10....sound quality is same as always. JT has said it is not a priority.

Don't get me wrong, I SUPER appreciate what JT and the rest of the gang on CM7 is doing for us but how can the sound quality of calls not be a priority? This is a phone after all. I don't understand.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I SUPER appreciate what JT and the rest of the gang on CM7 is doing for us but how can the sound quality of calls not be a priority? This is a phone after all. I don't understand.

It's my understanding that the developers cannot do anything about the sound quality until the official Gingerbread source code is released. I could be wrong.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just flashed build 10 via CWM 4. Can't get gapps to take, and everytime I boot into recovery, I get a slew of cache errors. On first flash, it went from the blue recovery to a yellow one, and now I can't get it to go back there. If this has already been addressed, I'm sorry... Love feeling like a newb again...

EDIT: Just found out that you have to use ROM Manager to reboot into the proper CWM. Have gapps installed and good to go!

Last edited:

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
FYI... I haven't gotten around to flashing 10 yet but if it doesn't fix signal bars I suggest going into status bar setting and switching signal symbol to numbers. It works well and at least you can get an idea of your signal strength!:)

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually my call volume has been fine with the imnuts kernel. Just asking for the heck of it as it has been a problem for others.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
after using jts vanilla gb damaged my sd card i went back to scratch and then loaded version 10 of the cm7 nightly. i am using a 2 gb sd and when i umounted it to replace it when i put the new card in it told me it was damaged. i rebooted with the old card and the card took. what can i do to prevent replacing the 2gb with a 16gb sd card and damging it

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is the link thast JTI gave me last time.

I have to tell you that after installing it my phone was dragging a$$ so I reflashed another kernel.

I might try it again but let us know how it works for you.

LOL! Just running the stock kernel after glitch has it dragging!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
after using jts vanilla gb damaged my sd card i went back to scratch and then loaded version 10 of the cm7 nightly. i am using a 2 gb sd and when i umounted it to replace it when i put the new card in it told me it was damaged. i rebooted with the old card and the card took. what can i do to prevent replacing the 2gb with a 16gb sd card and damging it

From everything I've read, seems like you need a class 6 or higher sd card to prevent the card from frying. Every card that has fried so far seemed to be class 2 or 4. Also I think someone reported a problem with a class 10. Definitely wouldn't want to fry one of those. So check the internet to see if you can find like a 4 or 8 gb class 6 sd card.

Reactions: nycdoc

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My SD card fried last night so I'm stuck with a very old 1gb card for now. Funny thing is this card is working great. I like the performance of CM7, but I think I'm going back to ComRom for now...

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My SD card fried last night so I'm stuck with a very old 1gb card for now. Funny thing is this card is working great. I like the performance of CM7, but I think I'm going back to ComRom for now...

Were you on CM7 when the card got fried or something else? Please be as specific as you can. thanks.

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
From everything I've read, seems like you need a class 6 or higher sd card to prevent the card from frying. Every card that has fried so far seemed to be class 2 or 4. Also I think someone reported a problem with a class 10. Definitely wouldn't want to fry one of those. So check the internet to see if you can find like a 4 or 8 gb class 6 sd card.
going to try to mount a 16gb class 6 i had in my old blackberry. wish me luck

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Were you on CM7 when the card got fried or something else? Please be as specific as you can. thanks.

I was running CM7 build 10, had flashed it with no issues, got the gapps to finally take, had restored my apps and was selectively restoring app data. I tried to download a ringtone from Zedge and it wouldn't let me set it, so I went into File Manager and all the folders were reading empty and the files I had outside of folders were gone. I tried unmounting and remounting the SD card and that's when I got the lovely Damaged SD Card message. Tried it in Windows, no dice. Nothing I've tried to repair it has worked. Thankfully I can get a replacement fairly cheap, but it's annoying having to.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was running CM7 build 10, had flashed it with no issues, got the gapps to finally take, had restored my apps and was selectively restoring app data. I tried to download a ringtone from Zedge and it wouldn't let me set it, so I went into File Manager and all the folders were reading empty and the files I had outside of folders were gone. I tried unmounting and remounting the SD card and that's when I got the lovely Damaged SD Card message. Tried it in Windows, no dice. Nothing I've tried to repair it has worked. Thankfully I can get a replacement fairly cheap, but it's annoying having to.

This is the first time I have heard of a borked SD card from CM7. Thanks for the details. I am going to keep an eye out for others reporting the same issue.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey Sushi you can kind of add me to that list. My SD card failed today and told me a I may need to format. I unmounted it and then put it back and it read it fine. I was on build 8 but I am now on build 11.