Collection of fonts for your S3

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
This thread is awesome! I am so glad I was able to find these, I really didn't wanna have to root in order to change the font..

makalove

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
See post #1 or #17.
Um, no. What he's asking is how to share them with an app that asks where to find your font files (in this case, Minimalistic Text Widget, the same app I'm back to ask questions about). This app, before Android allowed easy customization of fonts, allowed you to set a fonts folder it would scan, offering you the chance to customize the widget(s) with any font(s) you liked. The setting has not been changed in the app, so being able to tell it which folder contains the font files would let us use these fonts for that app, and others with similar settings.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Um, no. What he's asking is how to share them with an app that asks where to find your font files (in this case, Minimalistic Text Widget, the same app I'm back to ask questions about). This app, before Android allowed easy customization of fonts, allowed you to set a fonts folder it would scan, offering you the chance to customize the widget(s) with any font(s) you liked. The setting has not been changed in the app, so being able to tell it which folder contains the font files would let us use these fonts for that app, and others with similar settings.
What these "font apk's" do is change the system font on your android and allow your whole system to utilize. I am not familiar with the Minimalistic app, but if you install one of these then it becomes your "default" font for the system. In which case I believe "Minimalistic Text" would also use this font as it is the "default" font (the Minimalistic app should be able to ask you which font to use, in this case choose "default". Again, I am not familiar with that app. Furthermore, if you need to locate the directory structure and extract the fonts to place in a certain folder then that would be (I will use "Opificio" as an example): System root>Data>Data>com.monotype.android.font.Opificio>app fonts>Opificio>TTF

This of course assumes that you can gain access to the "system root" directory, and are comfortable, and knowledgeable in locating this directory.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
so when u download the font what do u do next because I cliked on the dowload link but idk what to do next
These are apk's just like an app that you would download from the app store. Instructions are in the 1st post. Save it to the root of your SD card and install the fonts you would like. Once you install go to menu>display>font>Select the font you want.

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
How do u uninstall a font after you install it? I am using Android Assistant to install them.

Edit: nevermind I figured it out.

Last edited:

eddie_quist

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Amazing work!!! I just bought the Galaxy SIII two days back to replace my aging Arc. Had been torn between the Optimus G and the SGSIII, but eventually settled for the SGSIII (the Optimus G had an amazing CPU/GPU and a great display, but no development done for it on XDA, as opposed to the tons of ROMs etc. available for the Samsung, was a deal breaker for me). I never knew you could change fonts on the SGSIII without rooting your device. It's great to know that you can. Makes me feel that, perhaps, I did, in fact, make the right decision. Thank you for the upload!

gomugomull

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this! It's a great way to update the look of my phone without doing much. It makes a world of difference having more than 4 options when it comes to fonts.

Currently using olney.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe