Contacts show up twice in contact list. How do I remove one set?

GMTdad

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
When the girl at the t-mobile store switched my contacts from my old verizon phone to my sensation each contact is shown twice in the list. Once with the little picture icon next to it and once with the little sd card icon next to it. How do I remove one of each of these or can I? Or should I?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Contacts show up twice in contact list. How do I remove one s

I always get an automatic notification if I have similar contacts that need to be merged. Try opening the Contacts app, then pressing the Menu key and tapping More and then Linked Contacts. It should give the option to merge your duplicates (press the icon of the broken chain link).

bdearen

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Contacts - options button - view. Then check which to show. My suggestion is to switch all your contacts to Google contacts this way everything will sync if you switch phones ext.. then delete the sim and phone contacts

judpma012

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

you most likely have phone, google, maybe even yahoo, all listing their contacts....follow "bdearen"
advice and program your Contact options so that only google contacts sync...

reroshaggy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Had this issue too. Phone was reading sim contacts, Google contacts and never keeping Facebook links properly. I synced all my contacts with Google and erased all others and now it seems fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen