Curious: Is Anyone pushing the 6.0.1 OTA?

jetman5843

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Got a N6 new off of EBay for $285 and turned it on and connected to WIFI before inserting my AT&T sim and the phone updated all the way to 6.0.1. Several updates to get there.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's awesome except twice now I've pulled my phone out with camera on and minus ~20% battery. :mad:

Yes it's a nice feature, but I turned it off, I really don't see to many situations where the few seconds that it takes to unlock the phone and launch the camera is going to be a problem vs leaving it on and having the camera turning on in my pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes it's a nice feature, but I turned it off, I really don't see to many situations where the few seconds that it takes to unlock the phone and launch the camera is going to be a problem vs leaving it on and having the camera turning on in my pocket.

That is weird. Hasn't turned on once in my pocket. And even if the camera turns on, it will automatically turn off if it's not used. It doesn't drain that much battery. Maybe if the flash were staying on or something. You might want to get your phone checked.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
You are half correct. They don't release or provide the update, but they do test it and based on imei and SIM card they can delay it. That is why after removing SIM on an att or t-mobile phone and doing hard reset, it will refresh it and initiate the update. T-Mobile started doing it with 6.0 due to Wi-Fi calling and band 12, but with 6.0.1 they seem to be letting Google take the reins again. Att and Verizon may have done the same but it could also be Google that's not letting them this time because all these updates include the monthly security patch.

Doesn't work for all. My Unlocked non-carrier Nexus 6 will not update EVEN when pulling SIM and doing an FDR or "Hard Reset." It has a build (LMY48W) that AT&T updated the phone to at some point in its life that is the cause of the problem methinks.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work for all. My Unlocked non-carrier Nexus 6 will not update EVEN when pulling SIM and doing an FDR or "Hard Reset." It has a build (LMY48W) that AT&T updated the phone to at some point in its life that is the cause of the problem methinks.

Now i remember. There was an update by att that if you accept would then block other updates. But supposedly some of those are already seeing the 6.0.1 update.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

You should be able to ADB sideload to LMY48Y by using this OTA file https://android.googleapis.com/pack...7375b2b4a.signed-shamu-LMY48Y-from-LMY48W.zip

And then, use https://android.googleapis.com/pack...ffb29ccf8.signed-shamu-LMY48Z-from-LMY48Y.zip to get to LMY48Z (which is the Dec Security update)

I don't think ATT has released the marshmallow update(s) yet.

Or, if you are willing to unlock your bootloader (assuming it isn't already unlocked), just flash the latest factory image and be done with it.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

How did you turn it off? I don't see anything in camera settings. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind I found it in Display settings. :D

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
So about 1hour 30 minutes ago I noticed that my Nexus 6P had the 6.0.1 update available for it and after downloading it installed and I am now on 6.0.1 on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6P.

What I still find odd is that T-Mobile seemed to be preventing the update, but even switching SIM chips did not bring about the update, oddly turning off Wi-Fi and using T-Mobile's free 2G DATA here in Panama caused the update to become available which would seem to cost T-Mobile more money in roaming fees to Movistar than if they allowed the update to proceed over Wi-Fi.

To Cable and Wireless Panama's (+Movil) credit they do not seem to get in the way of software updates, in fact they do not seem to get in the way of much, get a SIM and the service just works.

Granted I am on a Post Paid Account here, but even friends on Prepaid say that +Movil makes things easy, especially top ups which are available everywhere here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko