CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

kartoon33

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Phantom, been flashing this ROM from XDA, nice to see you here! Great job!

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
Wow! That is really bad. I know there is a battery drain issue but most people are having better battery life than that. Do you experience the Airplane Mode bug a lot? That would really drain your battery.

sbrissen did add code to the battery for it to read the actual battery percentage more accurate but that is just minimal. I don't think the battery drain will get any better until we figure out the airplane mode bug.

I haven't really been experiencing the airplane mode bug. When the Media process stopped, I did get better battery life, but it is still pretty bad.
I'm seeing about 25% drain per hour.

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

working pretty great! I'm only getting the airplane bug when wifi is on and I go out of range of the network.

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really been experiencing the airplane mode bug. When the Media process stopped, I did get better battery life, but it is still pretty bad.
I'm seeing about 25% drain per hour.

Use autostart to disable drm at startup, then freeze Dsp. That's what worked for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
For people with bad battery life due to media try clearing your gallery data then rebooting

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
instead of removing you can move pictures and I recommend video to a folder with a dot in front. like this .picture and then the gallery won't see them. also click menu, settings, accounts, Google and un check picassa. that worked for me. oh, reboot when done. if that doesn't work then with the pictures still in the dot folder download media Rescan from the market. run that. wait fifteen minutes and reboot.

tonydelante

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm currently running DKs's latest build but I want to switch over to yours. I know I need a safe recovery but is it possible to post a recommended one or PM it to me. There just seems to be so much out there that I want to make sure I get the right one. I currently have CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.2
Can I use this?

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running DKs's latest build but I want to switch over to yours. I know I need a safe recovery but is it possible to post a recommended one or PM it to me. There just seems to be so much out there that I want to make sure I get the right one. I currently have CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.2
Can I use this?
If you're concerned about bricking, then Odin el26 cwm recovery and then flash from there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

autopaintman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, the only issues I'm having is airplane mode and gallery force closing. I keep reading about poor battery life however my battery life is very good, a ton better than the rc1 build. I'm assuming the 4.3 will be better. I appreciate your input. I should be able to flash from the build 6 to 4.3 with no problems correct? Thanks Again

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Can I use this?

Check the link in the OP.

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I sent you a private message phantom. this doesn't work for us cellular. the only difference is branding and apn settings. I sent you a private message about using this for us cellular. us cellular was shut down. you going to support us cellular, ignore me, or let me change the settings to use it?

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I sent you a private message phantom. this doesn't work for us cellular. the only difference is branding and apn settings. I sent you a private message about using this for us cellular. us cellular was shut down. you going to support us cellular, ignore me, or let me change the settings to use it?

FWIW, you don't need a developers permissions to fork an open source work, as long as you attribute credit.. but with minor changes like that, I wouldn't think releasing an entire ROM is feasible.. why not just a flashable zip?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Please be patient with a response, I'm sure your not the only US Cellular interested in this.

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Please be patient with a response, I'm sure your not the only US Cellular interested in this.
well all that has to happen is changing picture messaGing. I offered to do it myself. I waited for a response. didn't get one. phantom, I'll show you how. oh and your forum doesn't even have a section for our phones. tell you what, I'll port one tonight, I'll give it to only you. you can look at the simple edits I do. look at the page with no links and approve it. but in the end this is OPEN source. so can I assume it's open or is it closed?

Last edited by a moderator:

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

or how about we take away your ROM and give, it to u.s. cellular only. is that Nice? or fair! when a simple setting needs to be changed? for picture messaging? ? ? ? seriously?

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, you don't need a developers permissions to fork an open source work, as long as you attribute credit.. but with minor changes like that, I wouldn't think releasing an entire ROM is feasible.. why not just a flashable zip?

Chris, a zip is fine. problem is I'm so dumb I can't make a zip and even if I did the build.prop changes, so simple line edits to change the picture messaging is the only way. to clarify, if the build.prop is changed, I make a zip, the build.prop is an old one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred