Dang it AT&T! I wanted a better box!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
getting back to the box topic, for as cheap and penny pinching as AT&T is as a carrier, I'm surprised they are so willing to throw away money on a hideous box to market their own brand to their own customers who already have service with them...You would think they would let Samsung spend the money and box them and not waste their own. It has to cost a lot of money getting all of those boxes made and then to pay the staff to rebox all of the phones. Weird.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the staff devices the devices. It's more likely the boxes are sent to samsung and they are boxed like that from the factory.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
From what I can see, ATT charges more and u get a funky box. Yeah, I'm a bit peeved as well. So I'm paying more for a box I don't even like? Not an original?

Sure, I can switch carriers, but that's not the point.

At&t Note5

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is legit.

Let's back up for a minute.. Samsung is all about marketing their Galaxy brand with all these ads on the internet as well thru the olympics. All these carriers are using Samsung boxes.. at least as far as I know.

And there's plenty of unbox vids with Samsung branding... and again all carriers are using these Samsung boxes, but nooooo.. AT&T decides to use their cheap box. But on top of that charge AT&T customers 30 bucks more and it's suppose to be "ahhh whatever."

I do understand the simple logic "it's just a box"... but it's the principle of it, as consumers paying AT&T upgraded fees to feel cheated is uncalled for. Sometimes a line has to be drawn.

I get it, but I still feel like it's a stretch. Why? Because 2 very important things hold true.

1. No one forces someone to be with AT&T, so if the box (or the principle behind it) is that much of a source of contention, there are other providers.

2. It's still the same phone.

I dunno. Things like boxes are never a big deal. The Note 4 box was ugly af, but the phone and its performance sure weren't. LoL

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the staff devices the devices. It's more likely the boxes are sent to samsung and they are boxed like that from the factory.

Yeah, that's my assumption as well.

It has to be a reason that AT&T is charging $880 for the Note7 compared to the original $850.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I get it, but I still feel like it's a stretch. Why? Because 2 very important things hold true.

1. No one forces someone to be with AT&T, so if the box (or the principle behind it) is that much of a source of contention, there are other providers.

I dunno. Things like boxes are never a big deal. The Note 4 box was ugly af, but the phone and its performance sure weren't. LoL

Obviously there's competition out there... I understand that, customers can go elsewhere over something as simple as packaging disagreement Lol. But at the end of day it doesn't change the fact AT&T is using their cheap box and having AT&T customers pay $880 compared to $850.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll also point out that AT&T removes the data toggle front the quick settings. They do it to all the Galaxy phones. Why? Now I have to install a custom toggle app (I use power toggle) which is hardly as good as a native toggle since it is just a shortcut to the settings page. Why does AT&T take Samsung's nice phones and remove functionality that hurts their customers? I partly blame Samsung. Does AT&T mess with the iphone (besides installing bloatware)? No. Apple won't allow it. Samsung has enough pull to tell AT&T, listen, sell the phones as we create them, or you don't get to sell them. I think AT&T will change tunes quickly.

On the box issue, do iPhones from AT&T come in an AT&T box, or from Apple's original boxes?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll also point out that AT&T removes the data toggle front the quick settings. They do it to all the Galaxy phones. Why? Now I have to install a custom toggle app (I use power toggle) which is hardly as good as a native toggle since it is just a shortcut to the settings page. Why does AT&T take Samsung's nice phones and remove functionality that hurts their customers? I partly blame Samsung. Does AT&T mess with the iphone (besides installing bloatware)? No. Apple won't allow it. Samsung has enough pull to tell AT&T, listen, sell the phones as we create them, or you don't get to sell them. I think AT&T will change tunes quickly.

On the box issue, do iPhones from AT&T come in an AT&T box, or from Apple's original boxes?
There's a good question - but based on everything else the Carriers can't do to the iPhones, I would imagine the answer will be Apple?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
get that some don't care about the packaging, so I'm assuming you also wouldn't care if your phone came with a thick coating of dog excrement, as long as the phone is inside, right?

Laugh about it all you want, but until I hear an actual reason for why AT&T has to have different packaging, it'll annoy me. It's like having a little rock in your shoe. It's annoying. It's a small thing, but it lessens the overall experience as a consumer, and there's no reason for that. To me, it SCREAMS "yes, enjoy this phone. But remember who's in charge here." AT&T needs to provide the service and then keep their hands off the rest of my Samsung experience. Back when they subsidized the cost, that's different. But now I'm paying for this thing.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Dang it AT&T! I wanted a better box!

4b059a9ee552a47efe80189d7dd0a4ef.gif

Folks on several theads are dying to just get their hands on their Note 7's and you dont like the box it came in !?

I understand you're sharing your opinion but ummmmm .......... never mind !?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
get that some don't care about the packaging, so I'm assuming you also wouldn't care if your phone came with a thick coating of dog excrement, as long as the phone is inside, right?

Laugh about it all you want, but until I hear an actual reason for why AT&T has to have different packaging, it'll annoy me. It's like having a little rock in your shoe. It's annoying. It's a small thing, but it lessens the overall experience as a consumer, and there's no reason for that. To me, it SCREAMS "yes, enjoy this phone. But remember who's in charge here." AT&T needs to provide the service and then keep their hands off the rest of my Samsung experience. Back when they subsidized the cost, that's different. But now I'm paying for this thing.
That comparison was...well...let's just say it didn't work.

But like I previously stated, if that were so much of an area of contention for so long, leave them. I never understood why folks complain about a company, yet stay. I leave if I'm unhappy. Simple. To each, their own.

Either way, I assume that you will be enjoying your phone....so congrats agead of time in getting it!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dang it AT&T! I wanted a better box!

They should just put the phone in a bubble wrap or something and send it you. Anyway doesn't matter and I'm pretty sure you are fine with it.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Obviously there's competition out there... I understand that, customers can go elsewhere over something as simple as packaging disagreement Lol. But at the end of day it doesn't change the fact AT&T is using their cheap box and having AT&T customers pay $880 compared to $850.

But does that box make your phone go faster? Do it provide extra protection? Does it make you dinner? I just don't get it lol

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
They should just put the phone in a bubble wrap or something and send it you. Anyway doesn't matter and I'm pretty sure you are fine with it.

So many words missing here, but I'll try to extrapolate what you were trying to say.

Yes, I'd be fine with HOWEVER it was sent as long as everything was there and in one piece. Boxes aren't used for anything after but to hold dust....so....

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So many words missing here, but I'll try to extrapolate what you were trying to say.

Yes, I'd be fine with HOWEVER it was sent as long as everything was there and in one piece. Boxes aren't used for anything after but to hold dust....so....

Yep that's what I said you will be fine.. Nothing wrong with it. Individual preference.
Similarly many of us prefer nice unboxing experience, nice boxes etc. And yes I speak with my wallet, I'm with T-Mobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor