Data connection issue?

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Bringing this thread back up since I'm having the same issue. Has anyone tried doing a hard reset? If so, has that fixed it? Has anyone tried removing both the battery and the SIM card and/or getting a brand new SIM card (I remember someone getting a new on on the Droid Charge forums and that helped him)?

flenn

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This happened to the demo unit I was playing with in the V store. I browsed a few websites and then data just stopped. It showed a 3G connection (no 4G in that area). I left the store wondering if this might affect become an issue for Biionic owners.

Kismet#AC

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
No 4G coverage at my home but I do get it at work. No issues at work but at home it goes from 3G to 1X then to no signal. If I wait about 10 seconds it always comes back to 3G on its own. I only had issues with it early this morning but no more problems throughout the day or night.

heelsbigc#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
this just happened to me too. Had to reboot the phone to get data back on, toggling airplane mode didn't restore it. Running 3g only. It would happen occasionallly with my Dx and toggling a/m would restore it.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
this just happened to me too. Had to reboot the phone to get data back on, toggling airplane mode didn't restore it. Running 3g only. It would happen occasionallly with my Dx and toggling a/m would restore it.

I had to do that on my OG Droid starting about a month ago or so, toggling airplane mode. I honestly think it started after they fired up 4G in Omaha on the 18th of august, but i can't be sure. Haven't noticed an issue on my Bionic yet, but i've been a recluse sitting in my house mostly and have been on WiFi.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Now there's an interesting piece of information. Connectivity denoted by color. Didn't know that. Umm, thanks!

The way they denoted it for Android will take some getting used to for me though.....on my HTC WinMo phone, when I was actually using data, my bars, 3G icon and the two arrows would be white and when data transmission was "idle", it would be gray......just a little quirk between OS/phone I guess....

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yup, same thing here, although we have NO LTE here in NH (At least Milford and Manchester), so I have it turned off. Noticed yesterday the 3g kept dropping even though the voice had a few bars...

I was trying to think if I had a defective phone, I was even having problems with my Wireless (I have an Apple Airport Extreme) where I've had NO problem with either my Nexus S or my Iphone 4.

I am actually thinking of going in for an exchange, but I'll hold off a couple of days... For 300 bucks it should be working flawlessly....

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup, same thing here, although we have NO LTE here in NH (At least Milford and Manchester), so I have it turned off. Noticed yesterday the 3g kept dropping even though the voice had a few bars...

Slightly offtopic note for you: Salem has it and Manchester is up next.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh good thanks, It would be nice to have while my son has his Bass lesson, and I'm at Castro's. haha! :)

Yea I'm down closer to the seacoast so I'll be waiting a bit, but, they're expanding so that's good! I just hope we don't run into these strange data issues that people are having. I had enough problems with my wifi on this phone.

bbaker5678

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here except I'm only noticing the problem on my Bionic when I'm roaming (which is a good chunk of my normal day). Heading to the Moto Users forum and to the VZW store afterwork.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
hhmmm just had this issue on mine for the first time. One minute data was fine the next kaput.. And nothing... As I had this type of issue all the time on my OG I immediately flipped to airplane mode and back which normally fixes it and still nothing. Quite worrisome! Headed over to the moto forums and add my name to the list affected by this.

Off topic slightly, is there a better way to restart the phone other than just turning it all the way off and back on? I've had the restart option for so long that this is kind of annoying...

-D

envizion

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
i had a similar issue where 4G will drop out and i will get error no data. not sure if this actually solved the problem but what i did was switch it to CDMA only, and waited to let it pick up a signal, took a couple minutes. i opened a browser and went to a couple of sites to ensure its on CDMA. then i switched it back to CDMA/LTE. i notice i haven't had a signal dropout since, maybe its just me.

comiskeybum

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys a few things that seem to help. I myself have only had this happen a few times but here is the kicker.

It seemed to help when I enabled data roaming.

Check your "battery mode" the nighttime mode will kill data connections during certain hours to help save battery. This could be partially responsible for data loss.

AND. I rooted my phone yesterday using the one click root and froze all the bloat apps using "bloat freezer" on the android market. Since I rooted I have not lost data connection once. So I think either the act of rooting or one of the bloat apps I froze was the problem.

Sidenote: when my wife got her iphone4 from verizon she was losing data connection until I enabled data roaming for her. Now she never looses data and she IS NOT roaming.

i strongly encourage rooting your bionic. I have over 100mb more free RAM then i did before root and my battery has also gotten much better after Root because those bloat apps never run.

After 5hours of "light use" my battery is still at 90%.

Jkoldha

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my phone last night and used the p3 installation. This morning I found an app to basically activate mobile hot spot (Verizon's app) by changing some values in the settings..... well the wifi tether I ran for just a minute to check it and it worked beautifully. Later in the evening I noticed that my data connection was lost. I have played with the sim, airplane mode, changing the value that I originally changed, on/off 100 times, different cities etc.... its been 7 hours now and nothing....... what gives?:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582