Data Mobile Ignore

MickeyPT

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi, need some help, so my internet provider has an mobile application that the data doesn't count for the plafond limit.
So what I need to know, if there's some way to disable the monitoring of the data usage for that specific app?

Thanks

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I think there are firewall apps that you can use to block apps from using data and/or wifi, but I don't think there is a way to use data and not have it counted if that's what you mean

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I believe the OP wants the system not to include the data usage from that particular app in the total monthly tally, since the wireless provider says it doesn't count towards the user's monthly data limit. I don't think there's a way to do that.

MickeyPT

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi
Sim carrier, and the data usage is not the problem.
The problem is that the android management of mobile data usage, counts the app, and I don't want to.
Basically, ignore any data that the application uses...
I want and I need the app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Who's your carrier? Does their account app track your data usage? The phone's data usage tracking by the system will often be a little different from the carrier's, so it's not a bad idea to use the carrier's data usage tracking if possible on the phone.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Oh I get what you're laying down now lol. I personally prefer everything being displayed so that I know what is happening on my phone. With unlimited data that's the only reason I look at it.

MickeyPT

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
@B. Diddy
Thanks.

Regarding to the questions, my carrier does track the usage, the app in question it's for TV viewing, app from the carrier, and I don't need an exact value...
I have a limit of 20GB of mobile data for month, I defined in the phone settings to warn me when reaches 18GB and blocks after 19GB.
Lately I spent more time outside than inside, so I use the app to have something to keep me entertained, so the phone after some hours of usage blocks the mobile data, saying that I've already reached the limit...
It makes sense, but in fact that data doesn't count for anything, so I just want to the system ignore this specific app.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you have T-Mobile, which is known for providing some services that don't count toward your monthly data limit. Since I don't think there's any way to modify how the phone tracks data usage, I would still recommend using your carrier's app if you want to see how much data it's counting for you. The T-Mobile app can do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000