ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just to clear things up, the data error is caused by 1.7 right? I flashed 1.7 multiple times yesterday night and had no data aswell as receiving hands free activation notifications.

This morning I flashed back to 1.6.2 and everything is fine and dandy again.

See post #1, specifically the "requirements" note

The data problems and handsfree problems are caused by your phone being unable to verify it's PRL, PRI, and profile. You'll also likely be noticing less than stellar performance because your phone is constantly using resources to achieve the verifications i mentioned above. The fix is to go through the process of updating your baseband to the newest radio. That process is described in length in the root sticky.

Last edited:

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Haven't flashed yet but I think I have an idea on how to fix the bottom buttons to wake the phone again. Check the following file (I use root explorer):

/system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl

Check the lines for home, menu, back and search. Home should have another parameter after it - WAKE, and the others - WAKE_DROPPED.

Either add those or pull a copy of the file from an old image then restart the phone.

This suggestion makes the admittedly large aassumption that this was how K & B made this change.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify for anyone else, there are three "menu" buttons in this file, the 3rd one down (key 139) is the one attached to the hard button. No idea what the other two do, but i hope this helps someone. Also, the camera button doesn't work unless you enable focus with it.

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 12, 2010
www.digital-ops.net
Yeah you should do the update. The data problems and handsfree problems are caused by your phone being unable to verify it's PRL, PRI, and profile. You'll also likely be noticing less than stellar performance because your phone is constantly using resources to achieve the verifications i mentioned above.

Alright, figured as much but when it was originally not mentioned in the release notes or anywhere else I just went on with it, and since the hands free deal was the only issue I saw, I was really not worried about it.
Will do that when I get home and have access to ADB and all that jazz.

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The GetItNow Marketing beta kernel works with this rom, but it kills the accelerometer, so no auto rotate or shake apps work.
Just FYI for the other impatient people. I personally need autorotate more than OC so i'm gonna wait.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If someone with a baseband of V9 wants to give this a go... EDIT - I Deleted the link. Too much fragmentation between different ROMs

This is a copy of ThundeROM 1.7 which breaks the phones functionality to call home for PRI, PRL, Profile validation and updates which is the cause for the handsfree activation issues. Let me reiterate .... you will not be able to go into Menu > Settings > About Phone and update PRI, PRL, or your profile. Feel like saying it one more time since i know in about 10 minutes someones gonna mention it. If you flash the ROM above it is only for V9 phones, and the way that works is by preventing your phone from updating PRI, PRL, or profiles.

NOTE: Nobody on a baseband of VC should flash that file because you actually LOSE functionality.

EDIT - I Deleted the link. Too much fragmentation between different ROMs

Last edited:

Bone_Enterprise

Nov 12, 2010
www.digital-ops.net
If someone with a baseband of V9 wants to give this a go... TRY THIS

This is a copy of ThundeROM 1.7 which breaks the phones functionality to call home for PRI, PRL, Profile validation and updates which is the cause for the handsfree activation issues. Let me reiterate .... you will not be able to go into Menu > Settings > About Phone and update PRI, PRL, or your profile. Feel like saying it one more time since i know in about 10 minutes someones gonna mention it. If you flash the ROM above it is only for V9 phones, and the way that works is by preventing your phone from updating PRI, PRL, or profiles.

NOTE: Nobody on a baseband of VC should flash that file because you actually LOSE functionality.
As mentioned since I just flashed the 1.7 ROM over my 1.6.2 I have not did the firmware update to the CURRENT baseband, so I can test this if you want before I flash back to factory, then do all the baseband updates, then reflash the current v1.7 ROM based on the current baseband.

Anything specific you want me to look into on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gr8hifi

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
To get the "wake from buttons back"

I hope this doesn't Anger KSmithInNY, if so, let me know and I'll promptly delete this post.

Anyway, unzip and then copy the attached file to your SDCARD. This file comes from ThunderROM v.1.6.2.

Then, connect to the computer and run the following commands in adb shell:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system/ /system

# chmod 755 /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl

# cp /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl.bak

# cp /sdcard/thunder_keypad.kl /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system/ /system

# reboot

That's it!

Hope this helps.
Jason

Reactions: guzzler

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
As mentioned since I just flashed the 1.7 ROM over my 1.6.2 I have not did the firmware update to the CURRENT baseband, so I can test this if you want before I flash back to factory, then do all the baseband updates, then reflash the current v1.7 ROM based on the current baseband.

Anything specific you want me to look into on it?

Nah, should be flash and go. Had a few people on V9 flash it already and the data/hands free issue was gone. I can't think of anything else to look at because it's really 1 single apk was deleted so nothing major it's just that apk is really helpful to people lol.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working smoothly for me. Let me know if there is anything I should be looking for... I didnt update my version. Im still with the old, flashed the new ROM and working great so far.

THANK YOU !

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind... Cant Auto Rotate screen, but everything else works fine. IDK whats up with that, Im sure I skipped that portion of the thread. Sorry for the false hopes. I am assuming thats PRETTY important to most users.

omarnova

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind... Cant Auto Rotate screen, but everything else works fine. IDK whats up with that, Im sure I skipped that portion of the thread. Sorry for the false hopes. I am assuming thats PRETTY important to most users.

its coo, guess we do gotta go back and do every single step

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Autorotate isn't going to work for you unfortunately. I knew i forgot to mention something .....

Ok so if someone were to flash the ThundeROMV1.7-V9 you lose auto-rotate, and the ability to update PRL, PRI, and profiles.

You can see why I said that single APK is very very important :) There might even be some other stuff broken just not found yet. If you update the baseband to VC and flash V1.7 over VC all that stuff works fine. Thats why we aren't going to officially release a version for V9 because stuff doesn't work and we'd have to support fragmented ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003