ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, any chance of getting the options to "Reboot" and "Recovery" back into the Power Menu directly? Used to be in the 1.6 versions if I recall (and perhaps is still in Lego ROM, at least the themes still show it), so dunno if that was just a VC-D thing that changed that forced those options to be removed? QuickBoot is OKAY, but having the options right on the menu would be great.

Thanks, looking forward to the new version :)

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, any chance of getting the options to "Reboot" and "Recovery" back into the Power Menu directly? Used to be in the 1.6 versions if I recall (and perhaps is still in Lego ROM, at least the themes still show it), so dunno if that was just a VC-D thing that changed that forced those options to be removed? QuickBoot is OKAY, but having the options right on the menu would be great.

Thanks, looking forward to the new version :)

Try flashing a theme think its a part of them...maybe?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So are you saying the hotspot widget and/or quick settings will work with VD and TR 1.8 (when released)?

You'll have to wait and see. Beezy and I have been working with Harry (developer of hotspot widget, wireless tether for root users) on a special project because it was no secret the hotspot exploit was gonna get patched. Sit tight, you'll have your wireless tethering ;)

Reactions: jstntp and ccrs8

sclarktay4

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to wait and see. Beezy and I have been working with Harry (developer of hotspot widget, wireless tether for root users) on a special project because it was no secret the hotspot exploit was gonna get patched. Sit tight, you'll have your wireless tethering ;)

Will the next tr look for an audio file at boot? I have been able to make a custom boot audio by changing any mp3 file to poweron.mp3. It works on stock but not tr.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
- MIRROR UPDATED -
ThundeROM v1.8 is now avalible for download!

Thinking of hickory and or pecan as that is all I have left, heh!

Also ThundeROM v1.7 has been downloaded 940 times thus far, not to shabby however v1.6.2 trumps it with 1706 to date.

Still says 1.7

edit: nvm, had to reload. Thanks!!

link broken, we're making some last minute changes. If you got to the download prior to this message being posted, you'll need to re-download and reflash after the link is live again.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
link broken, we're making some last minute changes. If you got to the download prior to this message being posted, you'll need to re-download and reflash after the link is live again.

Nice :) Feel like an idiot for asking this, but since the only instructions in the main post now say "wipe data/cache/dalvik", is that a requirement coming from TR 1.7 as well (already on VD)? Hopefully just cache and dalvik wipe will suffice?

Thanks.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Nice :) Feel like an idiot for asking this, but since the only instructions in the main post now say "wipe data/cache/dalvik", is that a requirement coming from TR 1.7 as well (already on VD)? Hopefully just cache and dalvik wipe will suffice?

Thanks.

You should be just fine with dalvik and cache. We did make some changes that could require more but all tests were successful and any bug found was corrected. Testing process includes full wipes and dirty flashes.

Last edited:

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
- MIRROR UPDATED -
ThundeROM v1.8 is now avalible for download!

Pecan....awesome! Miss living in New Orleans where I could get local pecans....usually stick to apple, cherry and oak up here in Michigan....good stuff man!

SORRY FOR GETTING OFF TOPIC EVERYONE!!

Thinking of hickory and or pecan as that is all I have left, heh!

Also ThundeROM v1.7 has been downloaded 940 times thus far, not to shabby however v1.6.2 trumps it with 1706 to date.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get stuck on the ANDROID boot screen?

Ok, so I tried to flash 1.8 but I have not updated to VD yet. Still on VC. Got stuck on ANDROID screen. Battery pull, boot into recovery and then reboot. Same thing. I even re downloaded TR1.8 thinking there might have been something funny with my first download. No difference.

Do I have to be updated to VD? I want to, but am nervous that 1.8 won't load right for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.