ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I made a nand of TR1.8 on VC. Updated to VD and then restored my nand. Everything is perfect. Way to easy. Thanks guys and gals.

Sent by Tapatalk ----- Optimus s

Kaiorga

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Decided to update the baseband from V9 to VC. I was on 1.6.2 before flashing to 1.7 and then flashed to 1.8. Everything works fine. I was afraid I was going to get my phone bricked trying to upgrade to VC using the updater tool but it all turned out smashing! Good work :)

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Still bootlooping on me. Yes, I got the version from the mediafire link. Yes, I wiped everything before installing.

Anyone have a nand backup of stock VD? I forgot to make one.

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Finally made the jump from V9 to VD and now I've got ThundeROM installed. I'm coming from LEGO Rom. Trying to get used to the new rom. Everything looks really nice though. Thanks for all the work, guys!

bullman2410

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally made the jump from V9 to VD and now I've got ThundeROM installed. I'm coming from LEGO Rom. Trying to get used to the new rom. Everything looks really nice though. Thanks for all the work, guys!

I am still running original LEGO Rom with V9 as well and want to upgrade to VD and TR 1.8. What steps did you follow and where did you find them? Most of the instructional's I've seen are for people going from VC to VD.

(V9, Lego Rom, Thunderc recovery)

Thanks for your help

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am still running original LEGO Rom with V9 as well and want to upgrade to VD and TR 1.8. What steps did you follow and where did you find them? Most of the instructional's I've seen are for people going from VC to VD.

(V9, Lego Rom, Thunderc recovery)

Thanks for your help

Check your PM. :)

----

After I flashed ThundeROM, I restored my apps using Titanuim Backup. When I pull up the Add widget menu by long-pressing on the screen, I get 2 Calendars and 2 Analog Clocks showing. It seems I might have restored them somehow. Does anyone know how to remove these?

The icon for each Analog clock listing is different. One is a circular clock with a black face while the other is a square clock with a white face. Not sure which one came with ThundeROM. Both calendar icons are the same, but one opens up a widget with just info for today while the other one opens ups an option to pick whether I want the Monthly View or the Events View.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
uping to the newer 1.8 i just flashed over the old 1.8 with wipe on cache and dalvik...worked fine. loaded good to go..someone having issues with it freezing at "android" might want to...

flash 1.7 (wipe cache, dalvik)..you may get hung up...if so take battery out..then go to recovery..wipe everything..dont flash anything..reboot...and it should send you to TR 1.7 (android version 2.2.1)

then go into recovery..ONLY wipe cache and dalvik...then flash 1.8 ..reboot..will take a good while. just leave ur phone alone for oh about 10mins lol. should be out of the ANDROID freeze ..and good to go..

this is what i went through last night and everything is workin fine..now(putting this info down bc a few earlier posts said even with the newer tr1.8 download still freezes.

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just restored my NAND backup and flashed ThundeROM 1.8 after wiping only the cache and Dalvik (instead of wiping cache, Dalvik, and data as I've done the first time). I'm still getting two analog clock and calendar widget options. Any ideas on how to remove the extra? I think one is the older version and one is the newer version.

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So is hardware acceleration enabled in V1.8? Scrolling doesn't seem to be as smooth to me, but that may be because I'm coming from a previously-overclocked phone rather than lack of hardware acceleration.

Edit: and pcubed, I think you're actually supposed to have both versions? At least, I have them too, and I think they were on V1.7 as well, and they're different sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.