ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleepthat

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Not a huge fan of 1.8. The home button does not function and I preferred having the power button allowing me to go into airplane mode.

I just flashed 1.7 but I was not pleased to find that the keyboard has changed from 1.6! Anyway I can revert back to the gingerbread keyboard fellas?

SuperECS

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Not a huge fan of 1.8. The home button does not function and I preferred having the power button allowing me to go into airplane mode.

I just flashed 1.7 but I was not pleased to find that the keyboard has changed from 1.6! Anyway I can revert back to the gingerbread keyboard fellas?

Download the Gingerbread Keyboard app in the market. Works like a charm.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Yep, just get the Gingerbread keyboard from the market. Also, there are links somewhere in this thread to files you can download for the buttons. May be on the first page. Personally I like the setup of the buttons as is but hey, it's all about customizing the way YOU want it. I'm lovin' this ROM! :D. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

bugmage

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why with a 8 gig sd card titanium backup says
SD Card (a2sd): 166mb

I have a 1gig ext3 partition on my sd but specifically didn't tell android to mount it. Where is this 166 number coming from?

I had no luck on TB website

Thanks!

lowwang

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
PowerOn Sounds

Running 1.8.
I noticed that the /System/Sounds/PowerOn/ directory was gone. I occasionally like to add a little boot up music to mine(I added a bit of the Firefly Theme awhile back) and I decided to add it again. I noticed the folder and file were gone. Is there a way to get it back? I tried manually adding the folder and made a PowerOn.mp3 but got nothing. Apologies if this was asked already. I looked through the thread, but at 100+ pages...I might have missed it. :)

txlonghorns4ever

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I updated to ZVD & flashed TR 1.8 (xionia cw). Now I am unable to use my wifi settings to connect to an access point. It's pretty much disabled and below the Wifi, it says error. Everything else works fine.

***Fixed***

Wiped davlik & re-flashed rom....back to normal.

Last edited:

timkaetzel

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its sweet and better then Sprint, but how do I change the ThudeRom text on the notifcations drop down?

I could be wrong, but I believe that you can use Root Explorer (it costs money, but it's the easiest method) to open /system/build.prop with a text editor, and somewhere in there, you should see an alpha value about the carrier that says "ThundeROM". You should be able to replace it with anything and save.

Reactions: Part_Human

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe that you can use Root Explorer (it costs money, but it's the easiest method) to open /system/build.prop with a text editor, and somewhere in there, you should see an alpha value about the carrier that says "ThundeROM". You should be able to replace it with anything and save.

or the free method

open cmd or what ever terminal client you happen to use on your COMPUTER, i'm sure there's a way to do it in android but i don't know it. once in cmd cd in to your adb folder, as a side note, it would be a good idea to go ahead and open the actual folder up too as you'll have to be in this folder to get the file that you pull

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd c:\android/platform-tools

c:\Android\platform-tools>adb pull /system/build.prop
178 KB/s (5128 bytes in 0.028s)

c:\Android\platform-tools>

see free, now remember when i said to go ahead and open your adb folder, that's where your "build.prop" file will be. Open it up in whatever text editor you want, you do not need special permissions, edit what you want and save right back to your original file, or make your original a back up by changing it's extension and save the modified one as build.prop, but make sure it's saved to the same folder as adb, in my case, c:\android\platform-tools\. roads fork here

if
you want to leave the unedited build.prop on your phone as a back up(which is what i did);

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:/android/platform-tools

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb push build.prop /sdcard/build.prop
500 KB/s (5128 bytes in 0.010s)

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb shell
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
# mv /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak
mv /system/build.prop /system/build.prop.bak
# mv /sdcard/build.prop /system/build.prop
mv /sdcard/build.prop /system/build.prop
# reboot
reboot
I rebooted but i'm not entirely sure that you have to.

else
now if you do not feel the need to/or don't want to leave the back up on the phone;

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:/android/platform-tools

C:\Android\platform-tools>adb shell
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
# mv /sdcard/build.prop /system/build.prop
mv /sdcard/build.prop /system/build.prop
# reboot
reboot

again not sure if you absolutely have to reboot, but thats what i did

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Irony is that the tool I use to check for virus infestations on my Android actually identified one of the copies of z4root as having a virus... and I've only ever downloaded that from either here or xda...

*sigh*

Edit: also, if software piracy were you only reason for rooting, you didn't need to root to do that on Android...

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Irony is that the tool I use to check for virus infestations on my Android actually identified one of the copies of z4root as having a virus... and I've only ever downloaded that from either here or xda...

*sigh*

RATC is considered a virus by most virus software companies. RATC is the method z4 uses. If you want to be sure, you can download z4 root right from ryan (the developer) but i'd guess the results would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556