ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
anyone with issues after plugging in USB to computer?

I plug the phone to the computer, turn on USB storage and works fine.

I remove it, the phone can no longer recognize the SD card. If I plug it back in the computer, the card shows up automatically, I dont need to press turn on storage button.

Last edited:

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Strange issue with USB Storage. When i plug in via USB it recognizes the phone is plugged in but when I click on "turn on USB storage" button it dismounts my SD card and then allows me to access storage on my computer like normal. The button on the phone still says "turn on usb storage" as if I never pressed it and if I press again it says "there is a problem using your SD card for USB storage". When I disconnect USB i have to remount the SD card. Never had this issue until TR1.8.2. I wiped EVERYTHING and actually formatted my sd card using the phone before installing 1.8.2. I updated to VD and was using 1.8 without any issues.

SAME HERE... but I have to reboot everytime. How did you remount back to phone?

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's a bug or just my phone but since I've updated I've had issues with my lock button. It takes a few tries sometimes to get it to actually show the screen. Is there a way to allow all the other buttons to turn screen on?

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's a bug or just my phone but since I've updated I've had issues with my lock button. It takes a few tries sometimes to get it to actually show the screen. Is there a way to allow all the other buttons to turn screen on?

I had the same issues but was fine after downloaded and flashed the stock button zip found on page 1

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Strange- I just got my replacement phone and went through the process of downgrading/rooting/upgrading/flashing 1.8 ThundeROM this morning.

But I'm now getting notifications about a system update available, firmware ZVD, asking if I want to install now.

I recall in the past having to flash a .zip to stop it from nagging about updates, but I assumed this would be built into the next rom... besides, if I had already flashed to ZVD using the LG tool before ThundeROM, wouldn't that be enough? Why does it still nag me about upgrading?

Unless the update was downloaded before I had a chance to root/flash/etc, but I would have thought the data wipe would clear that!

I could just flash that .zip released before to stop the nagging I guess, but what do you guys think? Is this normal?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think you can run the OTA update and it will fail since you do not have the LG recovery to flash the update file. But someone with more knowledge can confirm.

When I was on TR1.6.2, I downgraded to V9 stock with stock recovery and was waiting for TR1.8

Even with LG recovery at that point I had the VC notification and I said "OK". It then went into LG recovery and failed out saying it could not find a file to update (downloaded update) and then it never bothered me again.

I then went to CWMA and TR1.8

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Strange- I just got my replacement phone and went through the process of downgrading/rooting/upgrading/flashing 1.8 ThundeROM this morning.

But I'm now getting notifications about a system update available, firmware ZVD, asking if I want to install now.

I recall in the past having to flash a .zip to stop it from nagging about updates, but I assumed this would be built into the next rom... besides, if I had already flashed to ZVD using the LG tool before ThundeROM, wouldn't that be enough? Why does it still nag me about upgrading?

Unless the update was downloaded before I had a chance to root/flash/etc, but I would have thought the data wipe would clear that!

I could just flash that .zip released before to stop the nagging I guess, but what do you guys think? Is this normal?

You flashed a buildprop from a previous version or a different thread and so it's telling the network your phone SW is outdated.

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hit the button for "More Info" when the OTA prompt appears and then pull the battery. You might want to take the back off first just so there's no chance of accidentally pressing the update button while removing the back. No more OTA update prompt afterward.

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You flashed a buildprop from a previous version or a different thread and so it's telling the network your phone SW is outdated.

Good call there, KSmith- that appears to be exactly what happened. I had the old .zip buildprops on my SD card from before, and flashed the wrong one apparently. Thanks for catching that.

Metaphor.

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I flashed ThundeROM 1.8.2 while running V9.. Later realized I wasn't supposed to do that.. So do I just put my phone in recovery and update through lg support tool then re-flash?

viper42391

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I flashed ThundeROM 1.8.2 while running V9.. Later realized I wasn't supposed to do that.. So do I just put my phone in recovery and update through lg support tool then re-flash?

I did that same exact thing earlier today. Gave me a nervous half hour wondering what to do about it. Luckily, I found a thread that said to update to VD via the LG updater, boot into recovery and then re-flash TR... Worked like a charm. First root and custom rom in the bag! :cool:

Reactions: Metaphor.

beachfunk

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am on 1.8 with vc. I am having severe battery drains. By 4pm the phone goes completely dead with very little use. 15 mins of forum browsing and one or two 5 min calls.

Is there anything to analyze the drain? The about section shows 53% cell standby. Anything to do with the radio?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Me too -- MAJOR -- Perhaps started with 1.7x but not sure -- maybe just coincidence -- since going from 1.6x v9 to 1.8.2 VD and every update in between it is a night to day difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK