Death of my Maxx?

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My Maxx is now 2.5 years old and has been the best phone I've ever had. Today, however, it has seemed to die. I went to check on it and the screen didn't come on. Hitting the power button didn't turn it on. Holding the power button didn't turn it on. Holding volume down + power didn't turn it on. Re-seating the SIM didn't help. Nothing. Just a blank screen.

Even more worrisome is that if I plug it into power, it doesn't show any signs of charging. In fact, when I plug it into by travel battery charger thing, the charger does NOT show that it is charging, as it does with other devices.

Any thoughts on how I can get my phone out of this funk? I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to crack it open to take a look.

Thanks.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like battery is hosed. Also could be flat out dead. My sunshine unlocked Droid Maxx won't charge, and only boots up in BP tools mode IF program corded to the laptop. I'm all but convinced the motherboard is glitched.

Last edited:

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So far I've tried 7 different cables, including the original, across several different chargers (battery, car, and wall). Nothing so far. I'm leaving it plugged into the wall right now while I look up solutions, but it's not looking good.

Thanks for the thought, though!

tjfritton

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking flat out dead at this point. I'll probably be opening it up soon if I find some instructions on the web on how to do it, just on the hope I can see something wrong on the inside.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz