Default video player in the gallery

anon(554150)

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
How can I have MX player be the default player when loading a video from the gallery? I have better Open with and this does not change the default when accessing video from the gallery.

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings and then to application manager there you would find app preferences. You can change there accordingly.

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Then reset the app preferences and open a video in your gallery Pop up raise choose MX player as the default player.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
same here. I cant figure out how to change it. searched here and xda and so far no one knows how. I dont think it's possible sadly.

masoncity60

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Now you have to play your video files thru the MX app or whatever player you choose, or thru the "my files" icon.
Just can't play them thru the gallery any longer.

Faisal7749

May 14, 2016
Visit site
NO, not on the S7. that no longer works!
yes you guys are right it do not works on s7 edge as well. What should I do.. When ever I download a movie and play from gallery default Video player starts with error audio file codecs are not supported. And the same issue exists when ever I want ro play most of the videos through Gear Vr.

Can any body help me through this..??

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
yes you guys are right it do not works on s7 edge as well. What should I do.. When ever I download a movie and play from gallery default Video player starts with error audio file codecs are not supported. And the same issue exists when ever I want ro play most of the videos through Gear Vr.

Can any body help me through this..??
Then don't open from gallery, open from the other app. Or convert it.

Kloud786

May 31, 2016
Visit site
hello all

its funny how many people have given advice when they don't have the phone, :)

but you need to go to the video player and clear the "set as default"

then when you go to open the video it will ask you what to open it with

you select

then this is set as default!

please go to video player to clear as default not the app!

i've been looking for four days and just figured it out

hope this helps

Khud Gabbar

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings - Applications - Scroll down to Oculus Videos Which will be Purple colour icon - Click on it - Scroll down to Set as default - Click on that option and set as None set as default.

Next time when you try to open video it will ask option of apps click and choose app you want and click on always to set default to open each time

Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77